Autotech upgraded fuel pump internals

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
Has anybody fitted this yet? If so, have you seen any improvements on the power side? Is the OEM S3 pump the same one used in the MK5 GTI? I may be able to get my hands on a used GTI fuel pump and add these internals to that instead of messing with my stock fuel pump....

Any info would be highly appreciated.

Has anybody fitted this yet? If so, have you seen any improvements on the power side? Is the OEM S3 pump the same one used in the MK5 GTI? I may be able to get my hands on a used GTI fuel pump and add these internals to that instead of messing with my stock fuel pump....

I was talking to Revo about this pump at the end of last year. Assumed it would be a fuel pump, and not a collection of piece that needed fitting within the existing pump (although I guess it means its kind of untraceable). I'm sure we do run the same pump as the GTi 200PS, and that's why we get the problems running 320+bhp.

Seems quite expensive for a few bits and bobs!

Yeah, untraceable being the operative word:sm4: I have been chatting to Kev as well and he swears by this kit. The good news is that mine arrived today:arco:I don't want to mess around with my stock one and figured that getting a second hand pump would be a good option. Would love to know if anybody else has fitted this to their cars? My local REVO dealer reckons a 20hp gain is possible:drool:

I have the APR high pressure fuel pump, along with the stage 2 APR software, and the good thing is that it can take anything you throw at it over 300bhp

Very expensive but worth it in the long run I think if you plan to keep on going down the performance modding route.

Presume this kit does the same thing, apart from the APR pump is the complete unit, but APR take the oem pump and modify it, so again, undetectabe to the stealer.

Lee

Thanks for the info mate.

I have just spoken to my supplier and he will arrange for me to have the internals fitted at my local Audi dealership.

Mods on my car are as follows:
*REVO
*Forge Intake
*Forge DV

*Arriving tomorrow godwilling! Milltek decatted exhaust system...the first one that these guys have manufactured as far as I am aware.

*Autotech fuel pump upgrade...

Now Kev needs to start working on that Stage 2 map!!!! :sm4:

I have the APR high pressure fuel pump, along with the stage 2 APR software, and the good thing is that it can take anything you throw at it over 300bhp

Very expensive but worth it in the long run I think if you plan to keep on going down the performance modding route.

Presume this kit does the same thing, apart from the APR pump is the complete unit, but APR take the oem pump and modify it, so again, undetectabe to the stealer.

Lee

Assume Awesome have done your APR mods for you - Have youi had it on the dyno there to actuate gains ?

Hi Spin

No not yet, but it has to go back in a week or so for some tweeks, so will get it done then and post results.

Lee

Well lads,

Rabbit222 and I have recently just had the Autotech upgraded fuel pump internals fitted at a well known local audi dealer....

All I can say is that the car is now ........insane. Pure madness.

Vag Dyno gains show an extra 60nm and 20 to 25kw of power.

Revo settings can be advanced to a more aggressive level and I can consistently get the laptimer to show 0-100 in 4.8s. Will post some video evidence of this very soon. Minor errors of slight of hand aside - it's damn quick.

What an amazing upgrade.

Now hopefully the Revo guys will release a fuel pump specific map !:rock:

where did you guys source your fuel pumps from in SA?
whats the price like? im keen

Just speaking to another lad on another forum who have the same engaine and internals as us on his car.

He's just had the APR fuel pump and APR stage 2 map put on his car , and he recons theres not much gain top end power , but a 40-50bhp gain in the midrage!!!!:whistle2:

He got it done at Awesome.

Erm somthing to think about?

p