Deciding On Colour... Something Different... Ideas?

bigmarvloyal

Reaction score
Hey guys

Another question ;-)

Im just about to place my order for a 2.0tdi Sportback Sport A3 and need to specify my colour choice...

Black is nice but common.
I like the white aswell.

But I wanted something a little different from the norm... not necessarily stand out different but nice and clean looking.

What are the colour choices for the A3 and are there any that are not common but still lush ;-)?

white seems to be very popular at the moment.

phantom black is lovely while clean - but doesnt stay that way for more than a hour.

LAVA grey is nice IMO

Yeah, white is the new ..... well whatever colour.. silver?

The only thing that seems different is an audi exclusive or summat like solar orange or... imola yellow.

Either way, before you choose 1... make sure you see it in the 'metal'

I think there is a special paint option called Cherry Black which I really like the look of, never see one in real life though

Go for Brillant black....i did and i love it.....it is not dull. definitely catches the eye :_)

I specifically went for Avus silver because it's pearlescent so looks slightly different in various light conditions. Whether it's day or night and from different angles the car looks different so keeps it fresh and interesting. Almost like several colours for the price of one ranging from almost brilliant titanium silver in direct sunlight to a purple blue Akoya silver. It's understated and more importantly seems to hide dirt very nicely!
So my advice is unless you want to pay a big premium for an exclusive colour i'd look into the pearlescent range (same price as a metallic - £485). More importantly i'd just pick what you really like.

Paul.

I have a black cherry A3 and it is very different. It looks like a wet black from a distance and as you get closer it has a very deep purple tinge. Once the sun hits it it becomes a rich purple colour - very impressed with it but it does cost £1500+. You need to treat it like black so if you hate cleaning yur car dont bother!

Don't get white if you plan on keeping the car for a few years. It'll become uncool again pretty soon.

Misano Red looks amazing in the flesh. Red with a orangey tint when the sun hits it.

Hey guys

Another question ;-)

Im just about to place my order for a 2.0tdi Sportback Sport A3 and need to specify my colour choice...

Black is nice but common.
I like the white aswell.

But I wanted something a little different from the norm... not necessarily stand out different but nice and clean looking.

What are the colour choices for the A3 and are there any that are not common but still lush ;-)?

Phantom Black every time makes a nice change from the old Ebony Black or Volcano!!:blackrs4:

I've only seen a couple of burgundy colour A3's on the roads. That's different.

go for sprint blue i did and its on order now

Be careful with black, like another recent thread its not too strong with marks

I personally like white and am thinking of that next, even though it may go out of fashion

mines phantom black and whilst it looks good i'm forever cleaning it!! (I was warned)..... I originally wanted briliant red and wish I went for this colour now.

I have a black cherry A3 and it is very different. It looks like a wet black from a distance and as you get closer it has a very deep purple tinge. Once the sun hits it it becomes a rich purple colour - very impressed with it but it does cost £1500+. You need to treat it like black so if you hate cleaning yur car dont bother!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=49062&highlight=cherry+black

link for cherry black........

Garthy, have you got any pics, I'd be interested to see what it looks like ?

:)

p.s. look at jamiekips post on the above link for an example of sprint blue... :rock:

White is the way.........

But i've seen this Solar Orange A3 in Glasgow City Centre and whilst the owner has balls, its actually quite cool I must admit - it really stands out.

What are the colour choices for the A3

Download a brochure from the audi website for those available for the A3 various strains. Its easy, takes a few minutes. Or pop into a dealer for a hard copy. That tells you everything you need to know about all the colour options.

Trying to take piccies but so far just come out black - once we get some decent sun will try and get the colour to show.

theres a sticky with all the A3 colours in ... check that out. ( Dont think anyones mentioned it yet?)

I've got a phantom black sportback at the moment which I think is a great colour, but if i get another sportback next feb (think I will be) it'll be ibis white with a black optics grill & maybe privacy glass & either R8 reps or S5 reps if there available?

Misano Red looks amazing in the flesh. Red with a orangey tint when the sun hits it.

Agreed! Pictures hardly do it justice. Though you'd have to keep it clean regularly or else it'd just look dull red.
I'm biased though.

It's a shame Audi don't do a colour like BMW's Carbon Black. Very very dark inky metallic blue/purple. I understand the met black cheery is a lot more purple than black?

Not wishing to offend anyone but I'm not a big fan of the Sportback - it's just doesn't look right to me. However their is some pics of a sprint blue one in the Post Pics sticky which looks great. Especially with the RS4 alloys.

Best SB colour by far imo!

Not wishing to offend anyone but I'm not a big fan of the Sportback - it's just doesn't look right to me. However their is some pics of a sprint blue one in the Post Pics sticky which looks great. Especially with the RS4 alloys.

I used to share that opinion, i just didn't 'get' the sportback. But after seeing one the other day drive past in lava grey with the aluminium roofbars etc....It just made more sense. Don't get me wrong i wouldn't have one because i have no use for 5 doors (single man :yahoo:) but they're a good lookin and useable car and.... have some great lookin extras like the roofbars and open sky which aren't available on a 3-door.

PNH80, my mate bought a carbon black X5... stupidly thinking it was going to be... well... black. He's hated it ever since!

PNH80, my mate bought a carbon black X5... stupidly thinking it was going to be... well... black. He's hated it ever since!

Did your mate go to view the car at night?! Black X5's are reserved for drug dealers and men of Afro Caribbean origin i believe. I'd be happy with the carbon black anyway!

Paul.

ahhaah thats the thing... he DIDNT go to see the colour before he ordered it. :keule:DUH!!! That'll learn him!

Just wait till my car is "complete" then you'll be going :applaus:

I had the same dilema about a month ago and ordered a S3 in avus silver. very nice colour.
I have a few sportback pics in avus silver and black grille. email me at armaki@hotmail.com if you want them.

good luck with your choice

No-one has mentioned Toucan yellow...

Seriously though, I do love my SB in it. It is very definitely a STAND OUT! colour though (and I think to order new costs an extra £185).

For me, the best SB I've seen is local to me is in red, S-line, 18 inch wheels and silver roofbars. Yum!

I had the same dilema about a month ago and ordered a S3 in avus silver. very nice colour.
I have a few sportback pics in avus silver and black grille. email me at armaki@hotmail.com if you want them.

good luck with your choice

I love my Avus silver too. It is my favourite colour but....Do you think the black grill suits it? I thought in certain light conditions e.g in the evening, it's very blue and a black grill just wouldn't look right.