S3 - 285hp/387Nm - stock - Got my car remapped.

wolfevo

Reaction score
Hello.

Last week I got my car flashed. On dyno it it showed 285hp/387Nm (237whp) so I was very suprised. After remap - 320hp/410Nm :)
Car right now started to accelerate a lot better. Lag between gears changes is much smaller. Biggest differences are at the end of revs. On stock at the end of revs my car felt bit like tdi engine passing 3800rpm - accelerated but not so hard as from 5000 to 6000.
Not S3 feels more like honda engine - reving very good till rev limit.
Tuning company didn't higher rev limiter (6800) but they've unlocked max speed. I need to drive few km more just to be sure that everything is all right and I'm takeing my car to motorway to test it :)
The most important thing for me is that when approaching a turn I start accelerating at the exis my car boosts much earlier - at 2nd gear turns tali has started to oversteer much easyier :)

Soon I'm going to do a custom exhaust - guys from tuning company say that this should kill the lag much more.

I'll post my power graph as soon as I get it scaned.

Also I have started to look for better brakes - I think I'll need it after exhaust for sure.

Hello.

Last week I got my car flashed. On dyno it it showed 285hp/387Nm (237whp) so I was very suprised. After remap - 320hp/410Nm :)
Car right now started to accelerate a lot better. Lag between gears changes is much smaller. Biggest differences are at the end of revs. On stock at the end of revs my car felt bit like tdi engine passing 3800rpm - accelerated but not so hard as from 5000 to 6000.
Not S3 feels more like honda engine - reving very good till rev limit.
Tuning company didn't higher rev limiter (6800) but they've unlocked max speed. I need to drive few km more just to be sure that everything is all right and I'm takeing my car to motorway to test it :)
The most important thing for me is that when approaching a turn I start accelerating at the exis my car boosts much earlier - at 2nd gear turns tali has started to oversteer much easyier :)

Soon I'm going to do a custom exhaust - guys from tuning company say that this should kill the lag much more.

I'll post my power graph as soon as I get it scaned.

Also I have started to look for better brakes - I think I'll need it after exhaust for sure.

What map is it? And whose rollers did you use to get the figures?

Exhaust will open up a bit more, but will give more top end than anything.

Unless you're doing serious track days I wouldn't worry too much about brakes, they are good for 300 odd BHP. I'd be more inclined to uprate the discs to drilled / grooved and pads to something fast road first too see if that makes an improvement as I'm not so sure the VAG ones are up to much. Cheaper than a full brake upgrade.

Enjoy whatever you do!

This a Polish company www.compsport.pl

They've started with desel engines and they do also petrol right now.

They're one of the best companys here in Poland. Prices are also better that in rest of Europe.

They sell a package of remap + full custom exhaust for 1100 pounds :)
(I got big discounts) :)

This dyno was MAHA - tests were NOT made by inertial metod - I don't know how it's called in Eng.

All sounds good, and that is good money for that package.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but I saw a programme in the UK recently which commented on high theft levels of German brand cars in certain areas of Poland (Top Gear drove a diesel BMW to the cheapest fuel station in Europe - happened to be in Poland!). They did say it was worse if the car had non-PL plates on it. Is car insurance expensive in Poland, and do you have to keep it locked in a garage at night or be careful where you park it?

In England there are many areas you wouldn't leave your S3 parked unattended, but I was surprised considering its performance / desirability my insurance is £350 per year.