JohnS3

Reaction score
From a thread on TSN....

http://www.audiblog.nl/?p=1128

2008audis3spy-01.jpg

2008audis3spy-02.jpg

2008audis3spy-03.jpg

2008audis3spy-04.jpg

I'd certainly like to see one in the flesh so to speak.

I think its just a facelift S-line A3 sportback, as opposed to an S3.

Hasn't got honeycomb bumper inserts like the S3, or the grey diffuser in the middle of the bottom of the front bumper (it's blue). As said above, wheels aren't good. Mirrors are body coloured too.

I'd go with updated S-Line sportback myself

:laugh:
Hasn't got honeycomb bumper inserts like the S3, or the grey diffuser in the middle of the bottom of the front bumper (it's blue). As said above, wheels aren't good. Mirrors are body coloured too.

I'd go with updated S-Line sportback myself

The picture is I think the updated A3 Sportback! Can't see side indicators (will be like TT in mirrors)which is the main external difference apart from the Xmas Tree/Council House LED optional headlights.:drag:

The badge in the grill looks a little long to say "S3" and looks more like the "S-Line" one.

Nah, looks like a jazzed up face-lifted (ish) s-line sportback. Plus badge is too long for "S3"...

Can't wait to see the new A3 (not the facelift one) and see if I would bother going Audi again.... Too young for big Audis yet...

Pedro

Tarted up special edition S-Line for sure !!

I would be surprised to see a S3 sportback, but you never know.

Mark

I notice it's got an IN number plate for Ingolstadt so it could be almost anything. A lot of 'strange' cars comes out of the Audi plant during developments. When I visited the plant some time ago, the guide showed me an A3 with the pedals on the left and the steering wheel on the right. Must have been fun to drive!!

When I visited the plant some time ago, the guide showed me an A3 with the pedals on the left and the steering wheel on the right. Must have been fun to drive!!

So were is the missus supposed to be? holding the wheel or pressing the pedals!! No arguments allowed!! lolol

Pedro

It's obvious that it's the S3.
  • 7 chrome vertical bars on the grill
  • Gunmetal grey number plate mount
  • Same diffuser on front bumper
  • New S8 style wheels
  • S3 style side skirts
If they were trying to disguise the car (which they obviously are or they wouldn't have put the tape over the headlights) then doing things like putting S-line badges on, painting the diffuser blue, and not adding aluminium mirrors are all standard ways that they do it, pretty simple things to do and will fool most people. A lot of the spy shots of the current S3 used exactly the same methods.

Sorry but I think you are TOTALLY WRONG!!:blackrs4:

That's fair enough, but why?
7 chrome vertical bars on the grill Isn't that newS Line?
Gunmetal grey number plate mount Isn't that new S Line
Same diffuser on front bumper Isn't that new Sline
New S8 style wheels - I don't think so
S3 style side skirts - I don't think so

All IMHO and happy (ish) to be proved wrong!!
:blackrs4:

PS Yes we did spot the A3 Cab!

Test cars arn't exactly showroom ready, I bet its the new S3 sportback :)

it looks like a possible S3 SB but Im sure I read somewhere that Audi wasnt going to make it, for the same reason they didnt want to give the S3 S-Tronic/DSG etc..

it looks like a possible S3 SB but Im sure I read somewhere that Audi wasnt going to make it, for the same reason they didnt want to give the S3 S-Tronic/DSG etc..

I read the same in Audi Driver magazine when they reviewed the S3. However given how popular the sportback is, if the demand was there and they were detemined not to do an S badge sportback then whatever is in that photo could be a halfway house.

Its easy to work this out surely?

Just go to a german equivilent of a site where you can check the cars reg and see what it is. Should be able to find out what engine is in it at least - that wouldn't be easily swapped aftwards just to confuse us like sticking S-line badges on it

My money is on it not being an S3