Where is your A3 kep at night?

Where do you keep your A3 overnight

• Total voters

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Mine is kept in my garage.

Not doing undercover spy work for insurance companies are you Dave?

In my nice heated very secure garage!
I must be the only person on the development that I live on actually uses the garage for putting a car in ! Only exception is the guy across the road who put his motorbikes in his garage.
Wonder how many people tell their insurance its garaged every night when its parked on a driveway ?

Richard

Mine stays in my garage in Portugal away from the elements or strangers eyes... I am possibly bringing it in to London but will again stay on a secure CCTV, security patrol, underground private car park... No brainer! Not precious, just a car but like to keep it in good condition if possible.

Pedro

Not doing undercover spy work for insurance companies are you Dave?

No, never thought of that. Promise not to tell any insurers. Still there would be no point as I'm sure all A3 drivers are perfectly honest about where their car is stores at night!

I wonder if it does make any difference to the premium? Perhaps if it's stored out on the road.

And I've just noticed the spelling mistake in the title - should be 'kept' not kep - sorry about that - slap on the wrist.

It lives outside my flat. Thankfully, it's a nice area so I don't worry too much about it.

On my driveway, my home is very secluded, i hav no worris here

In a garage, behind a fence on an air force base surrounded by attack dogs and armed guards

Car thieves beware :gun2:

No, never thought of that. Promise not to tell any insurers. Still there would be no point as I'm sure all A3 drivers are perfectly honest about where their car is stores at night!

I wonder if it does make any difference to the premium? Perhaps if it's stored out on the road.

And I've just noticed the spelling mistake in the title - should be 'kept' not kep - sorry about that - slap on the wrist.

Mine's left on the drive, sometimes unlocked :whistle2:

incidently Dave, I reckon our postcodes are quite lenient as the premium on my Impreza and my wife's cooper s weren't altered when we changed them from being garaged

In a garage, behind a fence on an air force base surrounded by attack dogs and armed guards

Sounds like an idea place to keep a car!

In my nice heated very secure garage!
I must be the only person on the development that I live on actually uses the garage for putting a car in ! Only exception is the guy across the road who put his motorbikes in his garage.
Wonder how many people tell their insurance its garaged every night when its parked on a driveway ?

Richard

Ditto of the 15 houses on our developement all with double garages except the builder who has a triple garage, only 4 people including myself park cars in the garage and naturally my motorbike lives in there to. Can't understand why people buy a house with a decent garage and then fill it up with absolute crap:think:

Normally, it's the driveway for our Sportback, usually close to the front of the house i.e. as far away from the street as possible!

Can't use it right now though because we're having an extension done at the back of the house, and there's a skip and various other bits in the way. Some sleepless nights while the car sits by the road, I can tell you!

I park our two car's on the drive because we've only got one garage.The Insurance premium is the same for the garage or drive,but it goes up 20% parked on the road out side the house???????
:nunu::nunu:

In my little smoke detected, heated little garage that ajoins my house hence the smoke detector just in case.

One never knows does one.

On the drive I'm afraid. Wish I had a garage though. 5 mins after washing and it rains/snows/hails. ****** winter...

On the drive at home and in a safe, private carpark with an electric gate at uni

Interesting poll results with 40% of people using their garage.... I think i am the only one out of about 20 houses near me that actually use the garage for what it was built for, and not as a store room.

I park our two car's on the drive because we've only got one garage.The Insurance premium is the same for the garage or drive,but it goes up 20% parked on the road out side the house???????
:nunu::nunu:

Same for me, Claires car is left on the drive as she can't be fagged with putting it in the garage and getting it out in the morning but it makes no difference to her premium.

I put mine in the garage but when I got quotes it didn't increase the premium to have it on the drive.

We never leave the cars in the road as I live in a close and have a shared driveway with 2 other houses so the road is far enough away to make it a pain plus I have a big enough driveway so no issues with parking.

J.

Interesting poll results with 40% of people using their garage.... I think i am the only one out of about 20 houses near me that actually use the garage for what it was built for, and not as a store room.

I live in a close of 10 houses and I think there are probably 4 of us that put our cars away at night. The others have theirs full of crap. Can't understand it myself. Load of crap in garage decent car on driveway. Go figure.

J.

I live in a close of 10 houses and I think there are probably 4 of us that put our cars away at night. The others have theirs full of crap. Can't understand it myself. Load of crap in garage decent car on driveway. Go figure.

I was talking with a colleague about a week ago who works in a Local Authority Planning department. He was saying that they are now insisting on 3 or 4 bedroom houses having at least 2 parking spaces excluding the garage. Basically because so few garages are now used to park cars in.

He also said that they were suggesting to developers that, for smaller terraced houses, they only provide a parking space and not a garage for the same reason. At least if it's a parking space it's not much use for storing anything.

Some years ago, when I was still working as an architectural technician, I obtained planning permission and had build new garages for 3 terraced houses near where I live that only had parking spaces and all wanted a garage. The houses have now all changed hands and not one of them uses the garage for their car.

Yeah... it is a UK thing... never got it! If you have a garage why first make it small... second why leave the car on the driveway?

In Portugal I have to garages where we store three cars, 2 gokarts, all my windsurf gear, lots of gardening and DIY bits.... that is what I call a garage!

Pedro

Yeah... it is a UK thing... never got it! If you have a garage why first make it small... second why leave the car on the driveway?

I agree. All the garages I see when I'm on holiday in Germany, Austria and Switzerland make UK garages look stupid. It's like most things when it comes to building houses in the UK - everything build down to a price rather than to any reasonably standard.

Same applies to houses.... ridiculously small when compared with portuguese standard and for tenfold price!!! No matter where in the country...

I would like to live in a detached house in the UK like I do in Portugal but they are almost nonexistent and the ones that exist are the size of my kitechen/living room...lolol or you have proper palaces... ok... lololol

Pedro

garage for me, which is carpetted (because I couldnt be ***** to throw the carpet I pulled out the house when redecorating * i have problmems throwing things away sometimes), and stores my bike and dog and all the other important stuff in my life, like the PS and stereo ;)

i'd normally use the garage, however garages are actually quite small these days, for example the wife's car fits in but you can't get out of it unless you used the sunroof

A mate had a 355 spyder and used to juuuuuuuuuuust squeeze it into his garage but he had to put the roof down to get out

i've converted my garage to a gym so the car stays outside now

My garage was pretty useless, i could just open the car door but had to be double jointed to get out the car! I've rebuilt it wider, also had a wider electric door and it's connected to the house alarm for good measure. Goes without saying i use the garage now.

So should we prepare a document to present to the governing bodies readjusting minimum parking space sizes and speed limits to the 21st century? Or should we just keep honoring the plain old english heritage in these matters?

Pedro

Its parked in my locked alarmed garage, it only just fits in, got carpet on the wall to allow me to open door with no scratching!!

I think I am the only person in my cul-de-sac who parks in the garage, neigbour with the Mini and Boxster both on the drive, and several people have converted it into another room

unfortunatley, due to the scumbags who break into house to get keys, insurance cos don't load the premiums for this any more

found this out to my surrise when I renewed a policy on my track car

its on residential parking area but its a dog rough area of the north west called Darwen. Also not in the best area of Darwen either, but i never had any trouble with any car.

I have had a Merc SL55 AMG parked there over night and no one has touched it. Hopefully the A3 will be treated as nicely at the merc was