Slimline PS2 Fitted/Tints & Washed..Pics...

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Havn't been on here much over the past week as I've been down south over easter. I managed to sort the PS2 install out and is working like a treat.....

We had to customize the bracket so it sat underneath the seat nicely...

DSC02196.jpg

Controller and Remote sit nicely in the storage area underneath the driver's seat

DSC02194.jpg

The power invertor & PS2 cabling sat behind the PS2 under the passenger seat...easier this way because I can turn the invertor off whilst sat in passenger seat..

DSC02195.jpg

Here's a screenshot of PES6 in action

DSC02213.jpg

Here are some other pictures of the car cleaned with the new Tints 35% all round....

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02198.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

Wheels were looking very clean & the blackfire tyre gel from Polished Bliss was unreal highly recommended!!

DSC02199.jpg

Enjoy, thought I'd just keep you lot updated! :arco:

Looking good man :) I had a ps2 in my golf. fitted just sweet in the glovebox on this little shelf thing that was already there, just slotted it in :D

Don't play and drive ;)

Very Nice!

Where did you get the tints done?

Very nice install!. Just think that the invertor is taking up too much space and looks not so nice from the back. Ever thought of using a smaller 220V invertor or buy an invertor that only steps up to 16V (or whatever Voltage the PS2 needs directly) instead of the 220V? This will also result in a much smaller invertor and bypassing the PS2 power supply all together.

Looks great, the tints don't look OTT either, that blackfires stuff is great and it lasts a long time and you don't get any spray from it :)

I use the Blackfire long lasting gel , very good gear!!! it last's well, i used to use Autoglym tyre dressing , looks STUNNING , but first sign of rain and it's gone!

p

N8KOW... I saw your posts about your TSW 19" wheels. When are you planning on fitting them to the car?

Very nice install!. Just think that the invertor is taking up too much space and looks not so nice from the back. Ever thought of using a smaller 220V invertor or buy an invertor that only steps up to 16V (or whatever Voltage the PS2 needs directly) instead of the 220V? This will also result in a much smaller invertor and bypassing the PS2 power supply all together.

Tint pictures look the biz

My thoughts are the same on the invertor, did you try getting something similar to the laptop charger i used N8 when I Vagcomed your car.

If you look on the back of the PS2 power pack it will tell you its output voltage and amps ie 16v 5.0 amps

Thanks for the comments guys. My dad has wired the power invertor off of the cigarette lighter. I know its slightly big, but its easier to turn off, so I think I'll leave it. People can knock what they want, just thought I'd share it with you. Of course I don't play it whilst I'm driving!! Haven't tried any DVDs yet.

I can't wait for the 19"s now, I need to lower on coilovers and the anti roll bars on first. I'm hoping May/June. S3 front end before then tooo......so much to do, so little time...

Credit where it's due N8KOW, obviously people can say they wouldn't fit this or that mod but at the end of the day respect to you for not wanting a motor the same as everyone else and making the car your own.... Looks great and i'm sure it'll look awesome by the end of the year.
Just a shame this Audi modding lark is so expensive. Top of my list are 19" sportecs, flat bottom wheel and a full turbo cat Milltek amongst other things but it's just a case of finding the right bank to rob...

lad - you do know you do not need that size of an invertor for the ps2?

you can get rid of the sony plug and transformer with just a simple cigarette box sized unit!

I used it in my clio for my ps2 and it tucked away nicely under the dash - i will try get a pic of it!

Not questioning the quality of the install, I just cannot fathom why you'd want a PS2 in your car....:uhm:

Credit where it's due N8KOW, obviously people can say they wouldn't fit this or that mod but at the end of the day respect to you for not wanting a motor the same as everyone else and making the car your own.... Looks great and i'm sure it'll look awesome by the end of the year.
Just a shame this Audi modding lark is so expensive. Top of my list are 19" sportecs, flat bottom wheel and a full turbo cat Milltek amongst other things but it's just a case of finding the right bank to rob...

Thanks PNH80. The main difference with me to everyone else on this forum is age, I'm only 23 whereas most people are 30/40+ so my taste to theirs is gonna be different to mine. Trust me, the car will look the dogs, once its finished....:kiss:

I had it in my car because I felt the need to have it basically and honestly, did I use it? No lol

Not questioning the quality of the install, I just cannot fathom why you'd want a PS2 in your car....:uhm:

Not just for the playstation Bowfer, its obviously acts as a DVD player. As mentioned above, I'm 23 not ???? How old are you? When I'm your age I won't be playing on the Playstation, understand? :uhm:

Just for the record, the average age of videogame players is 27 years old (which i just became)...Basically due to machines costing more and more and many titles carrying an 18+ rating nowadays.

Not just for the playstation Bowfer, its obviously acts as a DVD player. As mentioned above, I'm 23 not ???? How old are you? When I'm your age I won't be playing on the Playstation, understand? :uhm:

I turned 41 in January.
I play my PS2 regularly and looking forward to buying a PS3 soon.
I still don't have any desire to have one in my car, in the front anyway.
I could see a rear install being of interest, for kids.
A front install just strikes me as pointless.
I mean, where/when do you play it?
In some car park, at night, or what?
If I want to watch a DVD or play a game, I'll go home and do it on my nice big HD LCD.

Do you still stay with your parents?
I'm thinking you maybe want to spend more time in your car than me, because of that?:uhm:

BTW, can you think of anything else you 'won't be doing at my age'?
I can't think of anything, apart from cutting my hair less often...

im only 20 i want one in mine think there great, nice install too!!

:icon_thumright: Car is looking good so far Nathan - looking forward to seeing it with the new wheels on.

I turned 41 in January.
I play my PS2 regularly and looking forward to buying a PS3 soon.
I still don't have any desire to have one in my car, in the front anyway.
I could see a rear install being of interest, for kids.
A front install just strikes me as pointless.
I mean, where/when do you play it?
In some car park, at night, or what?
If I want to watch a DVD or play a game, I'll go home and do it on my nice big HD LCD.

Do you still stay with your parents?
I'm thinking you maybe want to spend more time in your car than me, because of that?:uhm:

Agree can see point in the rear but in the front just seems slightly pointless but anyway each to their own - looks good on the display though !

PS - I'm 36 and still play video games on my PS3 & Wii - am I abnormal ?

I considered installing a WII in my car but i recon people would think i was mental waving a white stick about in my car while sitting in a car park at night. Probably get arrested for dogging, rocking the car about like that.

Well I'm 35 and

1.It takes longer to get over hangovers so I need to plan on doing less the next day after a sess...

2.I dont have the desire to bleach my hair

3. Girls mums are now more appealing

I'm surprised I can play a PS2, what with the rampant arthritis that comes with being 41...

I'm surprised I can play a PS2, what with the rampant arthritis that comes with being 41...

I imagine you play 'fly fishing' games on it while smoking a pipe.

looking good !!

35% tints - look about right - is that legal though? what was the damage, if you dont mind me asking?

I imagine you play 'fly fishing' games on it while smoking a pipe.

I can't wait for a PS3 version of 'cash in the attic'
I'm certainly reaching a good level on 'One man and his dog'.
That's in between naps, of course.

:icon_thumright:
Excellent stuff mate. You've got the tints spot on look perfect for the colour and car.
PS2's well installed.. but its a shame the PS3 isnt has small otherwise i'm sure you would have gone for that.
Good stuff. Enjoy.

hahahah PES on the RNS-E... nice one Nate...

Shame you couldnt get a PS3 in there for shits and giggles... and go wireless with the paddles, and wifi as your driving! ;)

Looking good tho fella.

Thanks for the comments guys. My dad has wired the power invertor off of the cigarette lighter. I know its slightly big, but its easier to turn off, so I think I'll leave it. People can knock what they want, just thought I'd share it with you. Of course I don't play it whilst I'm driving!! Haven't tried any DVDs yet.

I can't wait for the 19"s now, I need to lower on coilovers and the anti roll bars on first. I'm hoping May/June. S3 front end before then tooo......so much to do, so little time...

Not knocking it mate... you have done a great install ther and I did near the same in my old S4 but added a video switchbox in the glovebox to switch between sources - Just thought you may not have heard of the joytech (not logitech) cig lighter power adapter...

I added a freeview digital tuner to my setup with the PS2 (never used it much though)

HPIM1285.jpg

HPIM1283.jpg

HPIM1290.jpg

Not knocking it mate... you have done a great install ther and I did near the same in my old S4 but added a video switchbox in the glovebox to switch between sources - Just thought you may not have heard of the joytech (not logitech) cig lighter power adapter...

I added a freeview digital tuner to my setup with the PS2 (never used it much though)

HPIM1285.jpg

HPIM1283.jpg

HPIM1290.jpg
just a few questions if you can help me clear this up before i buy the goods.
i am thinking of adding a alpine digital tv TUE-T200DVB, it has two video inputs, so does that mean i can add a DVD player and something elae like a PSP too?it says in the manual that you can switch between the sources by pressing the AV button on the remote control of the alpine,below is a diagram of how i want to set it up
Graphic111.jpg

also i see in your photos that you have the bluetooth handsfree, does the kit only work with the RNS-E if you have the phone in the cradle or is the cradle for charging only?can the kit work without the cradle,
finally hows the picture quality of the digital tv on yours?

That install was in my 04 S4 (long gone!) but it had factory fit bluetooth. I just fitted the dietz adapter for the multimedia input.
I did retorfit full Nav and bluetooth in my RS4 and it was a single to double din conversion so the media adapter was easy!.
The adapter you picture does work well from what I hear and the setup you list should work well although space may be a problem on where to mount it all. The kit works fine without the cradle over bluetooth but you need vag com to code it all up.
I actually have the full kit that I pulled out of the RS if you are interested; its not a cheap upgrade though for others as the module is £350 and the loom is about £50 plus the mic but it works very well...