Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quatto.

ricje

remap me
Reaction score
Havnt posted on here for a while since I bought my S reg 1.8T. I decided to just go for it and buy a 3.2, even though every where I look everyone slates the car. Its a fantastic drive almost as good as the R32 (but a lot better inside) and half the price. Anyway to anyone that thought it was a poor choice the fuel economy is no where bad as stated, its sounds (and goes) so much better than the new 2.0T in my opinion after owning it for a week. Ok id prefer a S3 but it cost less than half the price used and the noise is twice the pleasure. My two pennys worth for anyone considering one. It cost £10,400 55L on clock FASH.

car1.jpg

It is a nice car mate! I am sure soundwise is probably better than my S3.

I think economy wise depends how you drive it. My S3 can be kind of economical but if you step on it it goes through a tank of petrol in a blink of the eye... But in the end we all know what we are getting.

Lovely motor yours, enjoy it!

Pedro

I agree with you!. I factory ordered a 3.2 Q in 04 and loved it; the 3.2 engine is actually very versatile(albeit a bit heavy at the front!) and I got (and get in my TT) 30MPG on my mostly motorway commute.
Very rapid too in the a3 body.. Just for nostalgia; here is a pic of mine back in 04 when the S Line just came out!..
a3ruu5a.jpg

Nice one mate - good choice! I recently got a 3.2 after being loyal to VAG FI for a while, but I'm glad I did, loving it, with the DSG, the noise, the low down torque, smoothness... the list goes on! :thumbsup:You can mix it with the best of them at high speed, but can also just drive it like a nice refined big V6..... :salute:

Nothing wrong with 2.0T and S3 - great engines and machines, I just fancied a change to a NA big engine.

Raf

The only real issue with it is the sheer weight of the engine makes it understeer a little when pushed; everything else is great.

I've had one of these for a month and can't fault it. The engine will pull cleanly in 6th from 1500rpm yet rev to 7k and sounds wonderful. Mine returns 30mpg on my run to work although I can get it below 20mpg without trying to hard :faint:

It does understeer a bit, but it can be driven around with a bit of extra throttle input!! Not sure how much the V6 weighs, it looks incredibly compact under the bonnet.

Regards

Rob

Cheers everyone! Very glad to be a member :blackrs4:

it does understeer a bit but the V6 is a heavy lump (if compact) and its in front of the axle which prob doesnt help no???

When i say slated, its always put well behind the R32 when the A3 has slightly more horsepower, looks better (imo) and uses exactly the same engine and chassis. Plus people complain about it being so expensive and thirsty. Well if I wanted fuel economy i wouldnt buy a V6! Ive also seen a lot of reviews that say its an unenvolving boring ride. Not so sure I agree!!

Well if 10 grand its a storming car im very happy. By the way ive got a 1.8T for sale if anyone wants it :D :icon_thumright:

ricej

I am glad you have flushed some other happy 3.2ers out of the forum!

I have had mine 3 weeks and am getting very attached to it.

30 mpg combined M-way/town driving. Just had the dension gateway fitted to enjoy the Bose sound fully from my ipod.

Enjoy that V6!

S :blackrs4:

nice one... I think a 3.2 V6 would be a nice car to have... who gives a toss what anyone else thinks... someone always wants to bitch. Enjoy it!! ;)

I'm actually gonna take the plunge and have mine remapped - booked in for the 7th April with Vagcheck - I totally understand that gains won't be as astonishing as an FI car, but at £225 for a stage 2 map (with current discount and fully refundable within 7 days if not happy), I'm not gonna grumble and am interested how it will affect the DSG etc...

I know people say an exhaust is a better option, but in my expereince, altering ignition timings/fueling is gonna have a significantly greater affect than simply running the standard map and changing the exhaust - especially as it's not FI, gassess are cooler, less dense etc... Plus £225 vs £500+ is a no brainer....:sly:

Happy its not just me sand!! :arco:

@Rafkoo, thats really cheap looked at site but doesnt mention the 3.2. What sort of gains have they told you to expect? 10 bhp ish?

i have driven a remapped v6 with Miltek system; it is a little quicker and slightly more revvy but since there is no turbo, its a small gain...

Not bad at all though

Another very happy owner here!!!!!

Had mine just over 6 months now :)

Would also be interested in how the remapping goes.

another happy weeks and couple days owner here, coming from a 2.0l boxer turbo its a novelty not having to drop 2 or 3 gears to get it to shift. still playing so fuel economy is low but on a couple journeys was getting 30+

I'm actually gonna take the plunge and have mine remapped - booked in for the 7th April with Vagcheck - I totally understand that gains won't be as astonishing as an FI car, but at £225 for a stage 2 map (with current discount and fully refundable within 7 days if not happy), I'm not gonna grumble and am interested how it will affect the DSG etc...

I know people say an exhaust is a better option, but in my expereince, altering ignition timings/fueling is gonna have a significantly greater affect than simply running the standard map and changing the exhaust - especially as it's not FI, gassess are cooler, less dense etc... Plus £225 vs £500+ is a no brainer....:sly:

Be interested to hear how you get on!

As for the 3.2 V6, I've had mine a year now and still enjoy the relaxed driving experience you get, especially with DSG.
I think the reason that it passes under most peoples radar as a sports orientated vehicle is that it doesn't come dressed up in a "tracksuit" like the R32

Glad you are all loving the 3.2, I've had mine 8 months and love it to bits. It does understeer when really pushed, but I had mine lowered 30mm and it really helps. The re-map is deffo worth the effort. I had mine done at Chipped UK and its not just the extra power and torque, its the way it delivers it. From 2k to 4k it punches so much more andI get a few extra mpg into the deal.
I liked the re-map that much I bought the re-mapping kit from Chipped UK! If anyone needs their car doing give me a shout.

I'm interested in getting my R32 remapped, want to squeeze out every pony from that engine!

You have PM!

Glad you are all loving the 3.2, I've had mine 8 months and love it to bits. It does understeer when really pushed, but I had mine lowered 30mm and it really helps. The re-map is deffo worth the effort. I had mine done at Chipped UK and its not just the extra power and torque, its the way it delivers it. From 2k to 4k it punches so much more andI get a few extra mpg into the deal.
I liked the re-map that much I bought the re-mapping kit from Chipped UK! If anyone needs their car doing give me a shout.

had mine nearly a year now !

any major problems yet?? Is it the DSG or manual?

-------------------------
2008- A3 3.2Q V6 Sport, Granite Black, full black leather heated, Bose 6 CD, Xenons

2006- A3 1.8T Remaped 180BHP.

I had an oil seal on the transfer box go, it threw oil over the exhaust downpipe and took a bit of finding. Ended up having a new transfer box fitted, all under warranty.
All sweet now though!!

Welcome to the £25 CC & £400 Road Tax Club :)

Oh the things you do for exclusivity.

I was glad to discover that the £400 only applies to vehicles registered after 23 March 2006 , my road tax cost me £210 last week , the difference is only about 3 tanks of gas when you think about it too.

Sand

Not from next year, that no longer applies and you will be in the £400 tax band!!!:banghead:

Do you know when exactly from next year? (1st Jan 2009 or later?) Wondering whether to get 6 months in August first and then 12 months when that runs out and hopefully before the new tax comes in in 2009). Otherwise I'll just get the 12 months if that comes in on the 1st Jan...)

Think I read it was 1st of March-I will be sending my tax disk in the month before for a refund, then re taxing it for 12 months, dont think there is anything in place to prevent people doing so and it saves 200 quid. I guess if you need your car every day then its a bit difficult to do that but I dont so will give it a go???:eyebrows:

nope no major problems seal round passenger door has gone i think, fottwell is soaking whn it rains. oh and shell have upgraded me to the v-power club

does anyone find a huge difference between 95 / 97 octane fuel??

Do you mean 95 and 99 octane?

Personally, I don't seem to notice much of a difference, but I always use Super Unleaded anyway, it's only 5 or 6p per litre more? That's like £3.00 more per tank.

thought it was 97 octane (BP Ultimate??) Oh well. Your prob right may as well start whacking that in it :)

F
Over 185
£210.00
£115.50
G
Over 225 – for cars registered on or after 23/03/06
£400.00
£220.00

Wes G the above extracted from this link

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Does cat F disappear next year and get absorbed into Cat G? where is the source of your info? Would rather stay at £210 PA natch, but these sort of bills come with the territory with big engines

Sand

My tax is due for renewal 1st March 2009, so I'm hoping that if I do it the week before I'll escape the hike!!

Check this link out and input your details, It'll tell you all you need to know

HERE

Thanks for that Ju This year I am band F £210 next year I jump to band M £440 thats a big old hike , funny there is nothing about it on the link I posted above

There's nothing on the gov link because they know there would be uproar if the general public knew that they would be paying so much more for car tax. Even my father, in his 2007 1.8 Vectra will be paying £260!!

Check out the threads on various forums and sign the petitions!

Regards

Rob

Ive somehow managed to warp a front disc :think:
Normal road driving !!!!!
Anyone else suffered this ?