..A3 170 TDI QUATTRO REMAPPED 0 - 60 MPH TIMES..

qstix

Reaction score
Website
www.dooka.co.uk
Hi all..

Does anyone know the 0 - 60 mph times for a remapped A3 170 tdi quattro please..

Also, does Shell Diesel Optimax make any difference ovewr standard diesel, I used to run Optimax in my Remapped 225 TT, and that made a difference..

Cheers all..

Hi all..

Does anyone know the 0 - 60 mph times for a remapped A3 170 tdi quattro please..

Also, does Shell Diesel Optimax make any difference ovewr standard diesel, I used to run Optimax in my Remapped 225 TT, and that made a difference..

Cheers all..

Is it me or is this a daft question? Like how long will a pint of beer last?

I would reckon though a second or so off 0-60 must be possible.

Would 0-60 be affected that much at all?
Thrust ratios etc.etc.
Which is why less powerful cars are often as quick to 60mph as more powerful cars.
Increased power comes into effect at higher speeds.
I'm guessing 0-60mph won't be improved much, but 0-100mph will be improved dramatically.
For example, someone on the Alpina website is claiming a tuning box has knocked a whopping 4 seconds of his 0-100 time.

With regard to the optimax diesel, do a search on here.
I tried it, as did some others.
Several of us reported 'strange' running problems, and greatly reduced economy.
Personally, I don't plan to use it ever again, barring emergencies.

Would 0-60 be affected that much at all?
Thrust ratios etc.etc.
Which is why less powerful cars are often as quick to 60mph as more powerful cars.
Increased power comes into effect at higher speeds.
I'm guessing 0-60mph won't be improved much, but 0-100mph will be improved dramatically.
For example, someone on the Alpina website is claiming a tuning box has knocked a whopping 4 seconds of his 0-100 time.

The pick up on the 170 Tdi Q is a bit slow and a remap IMHO may help this. We aren't bothering though. Getting used to 7.? secs to 60 and 42 mpg+