Chris NottSky Insurance
    S3IZZO

Is this the recirc valve on an S3?

Looking round my engine trying to decide where the recirculating valve is located....is this it?

Does anyone know what size the bolts are?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Yes mate, it is.

5mm Allen wrench.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

S3IZZO
    Cheers warren, I went for it last night anyway, the nuts were a star shape rather than the traditional hex.

No splits in the valve

Status
    Well done, how did you find it (as a job to do)?

I had to download the new Forge info off the net as the info in the box was for the 2.0TFSi (200PS) with the DV round the back. I haven't got the car here at present so had to refer to Forge instructions. Thinking back it wasn't a 5mm, I think it was a T25 star key!
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

S3IZZO
    Yes the 5mm allen nut you are refering to are the longer ones that forge send you with the upraded valve or the chavvy spacer thingie.

It took me all in all about 5 mins, once you take it off the bracket access to the remaining 3 bolts is easy as it moves around relatively freely...much better than having it on the compressor housing as per the other 2.0T FSI's...makes changing it simple as come service time.

windsurfer

Status
    star shaped... aren't they Pozidrv then?

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Savage

Status
    I think you'll find they're probably torx.
    A3 2.0T FSI S-Line