Roof Rails on a 3 Door?! Controversial.

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Alright fellas, recently i've seen a few sportbacks with the brushed chrome roof rails and i think they finish the car off perfectly (I know a few of you on here also have them). I love the fact they don't look anything like a utility roof rack (as the A4 ones) but more as a sporty aesthetic touch.

Just out of interest (and don't all laugh at once)... Would any of you put them on a 3 door?! I can't decide if they'd look great or just totally naff and out of place. Am i right in saying there's no way to fit them to a 3 door even if you had the urge to do so?

Have any of you thought about fitting any other controversial mods?!

Cheers!

Paul.

Can you have them as an option on the 3 door? I know I was going to have them in black if I went for the white sportback, made the car look lower and longer, but not chrome

Can you have them as an option on the 3 door? I know I was going to have them in black if I went for the white sportback but not chrome

No this is the thing i'm 99% sure they're not an option but i'd quite like to see a 3 door with some on just out of curiosity. Part of me thinks they'd look cool with some S3 mirrors, the other half thinks it could be the worst idea... ever. Photoshop anyone?!

Maybe, would be interested to see a photoshop also! I think they'd look to short and stubby on a hatch and would quahs the whole thing

I have them on my Sportback, I think they certainly finish the car off. I have Lava Grey with Chrome ones.

I have them on my Sportback, I think they certainly finish the car off. I have Lava Grey with Chrome ones.

Agreed, they do look brilliant. I honestly wouldn't have a sportback without them.

sportroof.jpg

that's what i was going to have until i went for 3 door