My little trip to France [Lots of Pics!]

• Thread starter Deleted member 22276
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22276

So, after watching this http://youtube.com/watch?v=4rjBuXvfgOU on TV me and a mate thought we'd give it a go. Albeit in a S3 rather than an RS4.

So our route was basically this:

Friday:

Euro Tunnel to Calais.
Calais to Vitrolles (near Mareilles) to stay at a cheapo hotel (getting there around 7am on Saturday).

Saturday:

After a 3 hour nap we drove from Vitrolles to Castellane, from there to St. Andre les Alpes, and then straight back to Vitrolles. This took us right through the Verdon Gorge and took pretty much all day, we got back around 7pm and hit the sack for an early start the next day.

Sunday:

We left the hotel around 8am in the morning and headed to Millau to check out the viaduct, and then on to Calais for our return train.

The verdict:

Forget the 'ring! Seriously, this is the best fun I've ever had behind a wheel! I've done the Nurburgring, I've done track days in Caterhams, Ferraris, Lambos and so on, but cheesing it around the south of France (especially the Verdon Gorge) in my little old S3 was the best of the lot! The roads were simply amazing, it's like they were made especially for petrol heads! The scenery was also stunning!

I really think we should organise an AS.net outing to the Verdon gorge this summer, it would be epic fun. Anyone keen?

Anyway, here are some pics (sorry there are so many!, I've made them tiny and clickable to save on bandwidth):

Cheesing it through France on Friday night/Saturday morning:

Cheesing it through the Verdon Gorge:

Cheesing it home on Sunday via the Millau Viaduct:

Count me down for it.
Planning a road trip in summer but if its with the AS.net team then im in...!! :rock:
Would be epic for sure. Please try arranging it would be excellent.

Ali

stunning photos mate, have you done your sums and worked out how much it cost you yet?

oh and i would be very interested in a road trip of this kind keep us posted

wow amazing!!

Wish I could put the S on a crate and go eurotripping with it for a month or 2 :)

Count me down for it.
Planning a road trip in summer but if its with the AS.net team then im in...!! :rock:
Would be epic for sure. Please try arranging it would be excellent.

Ali

stunning photos mate, have you done your sums and worked out how much it cost you yet?

oh and i would be very interested in a road trip of this kind keep us posted

Excellent! There are lots more roads around there to discover, I've just been having a look on google maps! It would be really good to get 3 or more cars going. Any preference on the date? We could go in a May bank holiday (5th or 26th) or maybe the August one (25th)?

Another option:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwz6vXyXwNA

Not done the sums yet, going to do them at work tomorrow!

Wow looks like an awesome trip. Roads in france look soo much better than ours.

Wow looks like an awesome trip. Roads in france look soo much better than ours.

Mate, it's petrolhead heaven! I couldn't believe how good they were! Unfortunately, without a helicopter you can't take photos to do them justice!

I'm originally from Marseille!! Went back with my girlfriend in January too via Germany & Switzerland. Loved it. Lovely clear roads aren't they! Great pics btw!

Looks stunning! Definitly would join an road trip! Even if it was only a handful of Audis!

Great photos as well.

whats with all the cheese?? ;)

Roads do look good... and I too would like to get my car above the 30mph it feels like its being doing since I got it... I think my average since ownership is 17 mph. BOOO

whats with all the cheese?? ;)

Roads do look good... and I too would like to get my car above the 30mph it feels like its being doing since I got it... I think my average since ownership is 17 mph. BOOO

It's France after all! ;)

Well, come along next time! You'll certainly increase your average speed then!!

I'm in for sure. Just have to setup a rolling list under meets section or similar.

excellent post.....given me an idea for a trip:yes:

Well come along once we've organised an AS.net approved outting! :) Looks like quite a few people are keen, we might get quite a nice little convoy going :)

Not sure i could make it this year as already have a trip to the ring planned in september but if it becomes annual would love to come next year, springtime would be good.

Great pics BTW.

Spin.

Ok, so far the following people are interested in the trip.
S3 LTN
gaazzaone
L60N
Crisis
mitch78
siu00adg

Do any of you have a preference on which bank holiday? Personally I'd be happy to go when ever, but I guess bank holidays will be better for most people.

Are there anymore interested?

As long as its not a weekday. Im pretty much FREE!

P.s. Dont tell my girlfriend i said that ;)

As and when, two bank holidays in May arn't there? Perhaps the later one? Friday-Sunday or similar.

Very very cool! Im off to the Ring next week and have full video equipment hidden in the front of my car to record the trip over etc, hoping to get some nice pictures too on the adventures!

Looks like you had a ball, certainly given me more ideas

Probably wouldn't be able to keep up with my tractor engine... :blink: Looks a good trip though..

Yeah defo count me in... Any weekend bank holiday is ok for me. Had enough of roads around here... Can't enjoy driving to its fulist.

Check out the list below for possible weekends.
As long as we all agree to it.

England and Wales

Good Friday

Public Holiday
21 Mar

Easter Monday

Bank Holiday
24 Mar​

Early May Bank Holiday

(First Monday in May)
5 May

Spring Bank Holiday

(Last Monday in May)
26 May

Summer Bank Holiday

(Last Monday in August)
25 Aug​

Yeah defo count me in... Any weekend bank holiday is ok for me. Had enough of roads around here... Can't enjoy driving to its fulist.

Check out the list below for possible weekends.
As long as we all agree to it.

England and Wales

Good Friday

Public Holiday
21 Mar

Easter Monday

Bank Holiday
24 Mar​

Early May Bank Holiday

(First Monday in May)
5 May

Spring Bank Holiday

(Last Monday in May)
26 May

Summer Bank Holiday

(Last Monday in August)
25 Aug​

Ok then, shall we say we use the 5th of May bank holiday?

i.e. leave on the evening of the 2nd after work (Friday) or early doors on Saturday and get back on Monday (5th).

Any objections?

All good for me... Have you done any calculations yet?
Fuel/Crossing/Hotels etc etc...

But id say early Saturday morning... Fresh day. Will be tired after work on a friday plus will get time to get ready and pack in evening.

All good for me... Have you done any calculations yet?
Fuel/Crossing/Hotels etc etc...

But id say early Saturday morning... Fresh day. Will be tired after work on a friday plus will get time to get ready and pack in evening.

Agreed :icon_thumright:

:thumbsup:Excellent.
You lads have got quite a drive from up north though...
If you leave early early Saturday morning... Motorways will be quite so you should cover reasonable ground and make it down for crossing.
I'm 20mins away from London so extra sleep for me lol.
Hopefully siu00adg can gets some sums worked out then we all good.

Ok... What times early Saturday train? Because some of the lads have got quite a drive down... I'm ok Dover only couple of hours away from me. And teatime 6pmish you mean on Monday... Right?
Cheers
Ali