GAP Insurance for the S3

Definately worth it, mine is £8.20 a month through Lombard. Especially in the current climate where we are not sure how used car value's are going to go with the new emmissions charges coming in.

worth every penny!! mine is covered for three years... in case of stollen, write up... gap covers what is left after insurance company... i get full money back... Some conditions apply but for me worth it. Especially in the UK where "joy riders" and vandals are so common...

Pedro

I agree. Mine makes up the difference between what I paid for my car and what the insurance company gives me. My car was covered for replacement for the first year but still good value for years 2 and 3.

Make sure you get alternative quotes, as the initial price offered by a dealer can be quite a lot more. I got a couple of quotes on the internet and my dealer matched the best quote.

Mine is RTI(return to invoice) cover, which at any time from day one to whenever, it will make up the difference to the invoice value I paid for the car. I pay monthly for mine as I never usually keep cars longer than 6-8 months, so it is very cheap cover for me

I got mine as part of my deal from Audi , mines RTI also , you souldn't pay more than £250-300 for it so if Audi won't come down to that look elsewhere! i got my last GAP from Hitachi insurance, £150 for 3 years IIRC.

p

I got mine as part of my deal from Audi , mines RTI also , you souldn't pay more than £250-300 for it so if Audi won't come down to that look elsewhere! i got my last GAP from Hitachi insurance, £150 for 3 years IIRC.

p
Cheers Guys I am probably keeping my car for at least 3 years so what cover do you think would be best ?

Get a pay monthly scheme, as it'll be open ended time wise, plus its more flexible, if you sell your car after a year you haven't paid for cover you didnt use

Mine is RTI(return to invoice) cover, which at any time from day one to whenever, it will make up the difference to the invoice value I paid for the car. I pay monthly for mine as I never usually keep cars longer than 6-8 months, so it is very cheap cover for me

If you only keep cars 6/8 months, doesn't the 'new for old' cover in the first year (on most policies...) give you the same cover as GAP anyway, or are there other benefits?

Must admit that my view is that, since I've only written one car off in 20 years, and never had one stolen, I'd rather not spend the money. Everyones circumstances are different though, and I can see why some people would want the security the cover offers (much like the discussions around extended warranties I guess...)

Peter

RTI is GAP cover, just another name for it. Just works better for me to pay monthly.

Yep, RTI being return to invoice. I had this cover on my Rs and a couple of others; never kept the car very long and stupidly opted for the 3 yr audi pack at £350 but then again its worth the peace of mind.