What seats for a S3

Dave1000

Reaction score
Anyone have any preference to what are the most comfortable I have sat in a new S3 with the standard leather seats which are embossed wondered if the £300 option black\silver nappa seats were more comfortable?

Bucket seats without a doubt, (if your the right shape for them )!

I found the standard seats a bit lacking to be honest and gave me a sweaty back - Where as the buckets dotn seem to, & helps to make the car stand out a bit more than a S line.
Richard

Bucket seats without a doubt, (if your the right shape for them )!

I found the standard seats a bit lacking to be honest and gave me a sweaty back - Where as the buckets dotn seem to, & helps to make the car stand out a bit more than a S line.
Richard
Dont get me wrong I like the bucket seats but my budget of extra £1600 for them is too much so wondering what leather options are best to have the standard embossed ones or upgrade to the two tone leather for £300

Anyone have any preference to what are the most comfortable I have sat in a new S3 with the standard leather seats which are embossed wondered if the £300 option black\silver nappa seats were more comfortable?

The 2 colour seats are the same as standard. Borrowed a Grey S3 Demo with Black/Silver they look like they get grubby quickly Recarros great but expensive , may need to get a toilet seat for the passenger as I am told that when driven by an enthusiatic driver it is not a lot of fun being sat on the left!!

The 2 colour seats are the same as standard. Borrowed a Grey S3 Demo with Black/Silver they look like they get grubby quickly Recarros great but expensive , may need to get a toilet seat for the passenger as I am told that when driven by an enthusiatic driver it is not a lot of fun being sat on the left!!
The embossed ones seem a bit harder leather or am I imagining it?

The embossed ones seem a bit harder leather or am I imagining it?

From memory they do various options, nobbly leather, leather/alcantara, straightforward Nappa Leather, the Nappa is I think the same as the 2 colour stuff. Difficult decision for you I admit, not sure I'd spend £300, could have a music upgrade instead maybe! Like the S3 a lot to drive and if the drink problem was not worse than the 200bhp 2.0T we would have probably bought one! Phantom with smooth black one colour leather!

Good luck!:weight_lift2::scared2:

buckets or standard.... My side bolsters have creases but have not collapsed... they are fine..

Pedro

Had I not got children, I would have got buckets, but they are just not practical for lots of getting in and out of the rear, especially as my youngest is 10 months old!! I didnt fancy the standard leather, as I dont like the look of it - I think it looks quite cheap, so upgraded for the two tone!!

yeah with children it can be a pain... but my bucket seat are perfect and when inspired on a bend you smile and forget the money they costed you... lololol very good support

Pedro

yeah with children it can be a pain... but my bucket seat are perfect and when inspired on a bend you smile and forget the money they costed you... lololol very good support

Pedro
£1600 option for me too expensive I am afraid funny enough my dealer doesnt rate them seems to think buying secondhand in a few years time people would rather opt for standard seats......

What I would like to know is are the embossed seats as comfortable as the non-embossed ones that you can have for £300?

The think i dont like is (flame suit at the ready!) the embossed seats look like old 1970's ford capri/cortina seats!!..
They seen to also look quite plasticy ?.. but then again I havent looked in great detail

No offence!..

The embossed seats look fairly old skool but seem to be lasting up OK. Comfy, if lacking a little in support. I clean and condition mine once a month to keep them from cracking.

Saw an S4 convertible on an 04 plate with 2 tone and the leather was far more creased and worn looking. Still comfy but looked like time hadn't been kind to them. Also very dirty (light grey centres / dark grey outers).

With kids I'd keep the standard ones but get them treated when you buy it as the divots can be a pain in the **** to get dirt out of.

Great response Warren thanks...
Given its a day off, anyone fancy posting up some pics of the seats?. Especially interested in views of the recaros and how far they tilt forward to allow(or not!) access to the back seats.

Great response Warren thanks...
Given its a day off, anyone fancy posting up some pics of the seats?. Especially interested in views of the recaros and how far they tilt forward to allow(or not!) access to the back seats.

Wifes out in mine at the mo so can't go and take some - will do it later.

Found these of 2 tone:
002__scaled_600.jpg

This of alcantara:

005.jpg

These of buckets:

header.jpg

And not sure if this link will work, but hopefully a pic of the standards to keep you going:

sibn1u.jpg

If you pick the standard seats go for the electric lumbar option. The standard seats didn't have enough lower back support for my liking.

If you pick the standard seats go for the electric lumbar option. The standard seats didn't have enough lower back support for my liking.

Agreed, we have this and I highly recommend.

Dare I mention Alcantara?, Anyone opt for this?..

I did!

Dont slide around like I used to on my 2 8L S3's now!

In my humble opinion £1600 on 2 seats is robbery, yes its ok if they are already in a second hand car for sale but to spec them on a new car and let Audi charge you for this is **** turpin territory!

Plus charging you that much and loosing side airbags and elec lumbar support?

Hmmmm

Ordered mine with buckets... not one second of regret!! OK £1600 might be silly money but so is £30k for a uprated A3 - S3.... As I was being silly anyway I specced them and just suits the car!!!!

Be careful if you need to use a lot back seats... access with buckets is not great.

Pedro

Pedro, What's the ride like from a front seat passengers perspective?

Well John in terms of confort I can only assume that the standard seats might be more confortable in very long journeys they might have a bit more padding.

I am quite fit and normal guy so the buckets fit me perfeclty no sliding around or anything... you go through a tight bend and the seat really supports you... You can trust the seat to be there and not really get tired trying to hold you in place... Also shoulders get some support as well.

I must say I have done very long journeys on my S3 last one was going to Marbella and back from Porto... around 1000km one way... And I was completely fine.. but I think depends on your fitness...

Like I said is if you use the back seats a lot that can be a pain... but I don't so it is fine.

But the S3 is not confortable per se... it is fine but if you do some motorway miles on a E-Class or CLS you will see how much more confortable thosa cars are. In my point the S3 is quite a nice everyday car... I don't find it too unconfortable or anything... but repeating myself I think the fitter you are the more tolerance you have concerning confort. Maybe when I am 50 I would find a car like the S3 too firm... for now it is fine.

Pedro