votex rear skirt help!!!

khalil

Reaction score
can some tell me if you need to remove the original rear skirt before you can put on the votex one or does it just glue over the orignal one??? also is there screws, brakets to stick it on?? also to today i got my votex front spoiler i believe its a glue on thing but there is few holes for screws does it has to get screwed on too??

What year is your car? By the sounds of your description you may already have the sline rear splitter :S

The front bonds onto the front bumper along with two screw brackets under neath - I didnt get these with mine as mine was salvaged but i made makeshift ones!

what does that mean? I am from northern ireland and we do not use that system

ok - so, the 2004 does not come with a standard skirt

also, what is the part number for your votex skirt? the 5 door version will not fit a 3 door or vice versa

i think the 3dr one is 8P007""""" from memory but could be totally wrong :S I have a couple of threads i think about it if you hit the search button

It should be a straight fit with bonder and screws - I chose not to bother with the votex rear splitter as I did not like it :S you might be btter off sourcing a 2006/7 rear bumper which has had a facelift and splitter

i wanted to know if i get the rear bumber skirt the votex one if it is just i glue on thing or do i need some brakets to hold it in place

If you get your votex rear splitter from audi, it will come with the correct braketry and instructions

Also, if you order from audi, they will ask you your chassis number so you will get the correct splitter

can you still purchase the kit or parts of it direct from audi? as I am struggling to fine the front splitter on ebay etc.

Took me ages to track one down on ebay and it was a damaged one!

Havent seen the for sale on ebay since to be honest! (a year nearly)

have seen 2 but not been able to get on to put last minute bid in and mt max bid has just been 2 low both times.

can some tell me if you need to remove the original rear skirt before you can put on the votex one or does it just glue over the orignal one??? also is there screws, brakets to stick it on?? also to today i got my votex front spoiler i believe its a glue on thing but there is few holes for screws does it has to get screwed on too??

No the original skirt should come off, its a pian in the **** to get off too. Its possibly easier to remove the whole rear bumper clip the bottom bit off then clip the new one on and refit the bumper. As boydie says make sure you get the correct one as theres a few and they dont all fit between the two 8P shapes.