H&R lowering springs

phantom

On Boost
Reaction score
Thinking of getting these , has anybody got any pic's of there S3 with a set on, with std wheels? full on profile views if possible!

Kluaster had a set on his , but the pics ive seen were not full profile.

JamS3 have you got a set? can you post a profile view please mate?

Thanks a lot

p

Hi Mate

Picked mine uo from Awesome yesterday with the H&R springs and 10mm spacers all round, looks the dogs now!!!

Sits really well, and the handling feels much better, although not really tested it to the limit yet.

I'll get some pics up later, but not sure how to put them on here???

Anyone help??

Lee

Hi Mate

Picked mine uo from Awesome yesterday with the H&R springs and 10mm spacers all round, looks the dogs now!!!

Sits really well, and the handling feels much better, although not really tested it to the limit yet.

Anyone help??

Lee

Which spacers have they used? And does it make a big difference to the look of the car? The back wheels on my s-line have always just seemed to sit a little too far under the arches. I'm thinking the addition of some spacers would really alter the stance of the car.

Hi Mate

Anyone help??

Lee

Yeah mate , put them in photobucket , then copy the link ( not sure what it's called, but it's the last one of the options ) and paste it in thread.

Or better still i could meet you and see them in the flesh, i'm only 5mins away?

leon

Hopefully you can get a feel for it with this:

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Cant tell you how well these improve handling and looks

Hopefully you can get a feel for it with this:

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Cant tell you how well these improve handling and looks

What size of spacer did you have installed?

Yeah mate , put them in photobucket , then copy the link ( not sure what it's called, but it's the last one of the options ) and paste it in thread.

Or better still i could meet you and see them in the flesh, i'm only 5mins away?

leon

Hi Leon

Yes no probs, I'm always knocking around.

I've just had the APR remap and uprated APR Fuel pump fitted at the same time at, so car is running well, was going to get the GIAC but the APR route opportunity came along.
The fuel pump makes quite a bit of difference too, however, it's expensive for what it is, but hey ho!

PM me where u want to meet up and i'll show you the cat.

Cheers

Lee

This may be a very very naive question but... Is it EU law that states the rims/tyres on a car must sit a certain distance inside the arches? The only reason i ask is that sportier models by all manufacturers look miles better with a bigger offset when the tyres sit almost level with the arches. So why not as standard?

This may be a very very naive question but... Is it EU law that states the rims/tyres on a car must sit a certain distance inside the arches? The only reason i ask is that sportier models by all manufacturers look miles better with a bigger offset when the tyres sit almost level with the arches. So why not as standard?

The only legality is that the tyre *tread* must stay within the arch, the actual side wall and wheel itself can stick out of the arches.

Like so:

Kissmyarchbaby_x.jpg

Although the above is a very extreme case :lmfao:

Fair enough! Obviously it's all down to personal taste but is the general opinion that 10mm is about the right offset for an A3 s-line / S3 while still looking tasteful? Could you get away with 15 on the rear or is that pushing it?

Fair enough! Obviously it's all down to personal taste but is the general opinion that 10mm is about the right offset for an A3 s-line / S3 while still looking tasteful? Could you get away with 15 on the rear or is that pushing it?

I'd want to keep the spacing the same all around due to the Quattro system, I doubt 10mm per axle (5mm each side) would have any detrimental effect on the handling of the car though.

Just checked mine, there is 10mm H&R on the rear, they have not put them on the front, trying to get to the bottom of it at the moment!

However, the car looks great with just 10mm on the rear, as it is also lowered 15-20 mm with the H&R springs.

IMHO the rear looks better if the wheels are slightly more 'out' than the front.

Think if I did put 10mm on the front, 15mm would be better on the rear, but I suspect from previous posts that I would defo get rubbing issues, so think I'll pass on the 15mm's and leave it as it is, + saved me circa £80

Lee

Hi Leon

Got your PM

Am working and drinking all over the weekend, not at the same time tho!!

I'll give you a call early next week to arrange a meet!

Is it best to call day or evening??

Cheers

Lee

Mate I would consider the Abt springs. I've just fitted them to my motor and I am VERY happy with them. The car sits perfectly on the 18''s now. Handling is first class too. Feels much tighter.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get home.

Here is another one, not sure if it helps:

Before:

IMG_0613.jpg

After:

IMG_0080.jpg

klauster that set up looks pretty much bang on the money. Doesn't look modified, just much better than the original. I think i'm sold....
Although if you were to simply swap those wheels for 19's what would the implications be, if any?

KLAUSTER/L33TAY.

Any of you guys got a close up pic of your H&R 10mm spacers with wheel mounted.

I posted in I'mRonBurgundy's post (spacers) that I'm looking for this info. Bubstar has posted that MTM spacers fill out to full diameter of hub/wheel but H&R spacers look 4mm down on hub diameter. Would like to see how that looked.

I know its more the overall look and possible slightly improved handling but would be interested to see the fit if possible.

I'm not ruling out H&R and wondered what you guys had thought on the fit and if your were happy with the outcome?

Cheers Jas

klauster that set up looks pretty much bang on the money. Doesn't look modified, just much better than the original. I think i'm sold....
Although if you were to simply swap those wheels for 19's what would the implications be, if any?

Yes, that was exactly what i was trying to do, still wanted it to look OEM

I dont think 19's would cause any issues