Blown centre speaker

Kitsch

Seat - Skoda - Audi
Reaction score
For the first time I choose not to fit aftermarket & went for the Bose as I have never spent this amount on a car before.

Must say though it is so top heavy it hurts my treble is down to it's minimum & yet I have still been able to blow the centre speaker.

One thing thou is it's a lovely clear sounds but I expected more from Bose.

Settings.

Treble - max minimum
Mid - Half minimum
Bass - Half maximum

Getting replaced under warranty.

Your car has mid adjustment?
My A3 sportback didn't have that.
I used to have to have Bass and treble whacked up to max.
Anything else sounded crap.
Could have done with more adjustment in the HU.
According to our stereo/phone supplier, the HU is the limiting factor.
This is backed up by my MD's TT of two years ago.
They kept the Bose speakers/amps, but fitted a Sony Minidisc HU instead (he liked his mindiscs back then).
Sounded sooo much better than the Audi HU.

I dont have Bose, but noticed how Bassy the standard set up was I was pleasantly surprised. I do listen to a lot of bass intensive tracks so its all good at the moment!

I don't know why so many people on here don't rate the bose. I think its fantastic, so crystal clear with a nice amount of bass

I thought it was fine, for a tidy OE fitment.
I've had better though, using aftermarket stuff.
I can't be ***** with it these days though.

The BOSE set up is ok. Better than your average car stereo. Its better quality than my old cars that I had my own set up put in but not as deafeningly loud and the Audi sub cant kick like an aftermarket one. I'd rather have the quality than loudness though

I was tempted to change the tweeters.
Aren't they made by Nokia?
Again though, the effort involved put me clean off.

I don't think the Bose is loud enough?

Treble - just over half
Mid - just over half
Bass - full

I'm on over half to 3/4 volume most of the time!

p

I think the Bose sounds so crystal clear that ive never felt the need to turn it up so loud that it hurts my ears.

Bass - 2/3 full
mid - middle
treble - middle

I need 'numbers'.
I found Bose worse than the standard stereo up to around 8 on the display.
From 8 to around 15, I found the Bose perfectly fine.
Over 15, 16 tops, it became a mess, to me.

The new Concert HU (Double DIN) doesn't have numbers, and it has the Mid Range adjustment that you are (were) missing.

I need 'numbers'.
I found Bose worse than the standard stereo up to around 8 on the display.
From 8 to around 15, I found the Bose perfectly fine.
Over 15, 16 tops, it became a mess, to me.

On my car 8p S3 it doesn't have numbers it has a slider bar, is other peeps the same?

I have the symphony II i'm not sure if it's + , how do you tell?

It is crystal clear , but i need VOLUME after working in clubs and being in bands for years!:)

p

I have Bose and am very pleased with it. However, not really listened to decent after market kit to compare, just previous 8L A3 without Bose and before that some cheapish Halfords stuff that at least improved on the standard fitment Peugeot 106!

The older Concert 2 units had numbers for each setting. Volume goes up to 30 I think. However, anything over 22 and my ears hurt. Normal family use is about 6-10. On my own normally around 16. Bass and Treble go -6 to +6. Mine us usually on about +4 for each.

The Concert 2s don't have the mid-range setting but the Syphony units did. I am sure the speaker is still there, you just can't adjust it.

On my car 8p S3 it doesn't have numbers it has a slider bar, is other peeps the same?

I have the symphony II i'm not sure if it's + , how do you tell?

It is crystal clear , but i need VOLUME after working in clubs and being in bands for years!:)

p

yup... same for me.

I'm very happy with the sound , but it needs another half of bar a volume for me!:)

Whats the difference between.

Symphony
Symphony II
Symphony II+

Which one will i have?

Thanks

p

Bose is adequate if you are not an audophile... It is clear, and a tidy OEM fitment... It is a lot better than standard but if someone wants excellent sound aftermarker is the way to go....

For me BOSE is fine.

Pedro