AH FabricationsBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Stock S3 Speaker Sizes? (Non-Bose)

Does anyone know for a fact how large the speakers are in the 8P S3 withOUT Bose? Is it the same as the one in the Bose document I found?

8 high-performance speakers
    One 5x11-cm mid-high-range speaker (centrefill) in the instrument panel.
    Two 3.5-cm tweeters in the a-pillars.
    Two 16.5-cm low-mid-range speakers in the doors.
    Two 16.5-cm low-mid-range speakers in the rear side panels.
    One 13-cm Richbass woofer in a 9.7-litre custom-engineered bass enclosure in the left side panel of the trunk.
    System electronics
    Digital amplifier mounted in the right side panel of the trunk. Includes Bose digital signal processing, AudioPilot noise compensation technology and 5 channels of customised equalisation.
    AudioPilot microphone mounted in the ceiling-mounted control panel monitors interior noise level.

Need to know because I'm getting an Alpine system fitted and I want to know if 6" speakers will fit in the doors, or if I'll have to stick with 5.25" like the 8L series...
    Cheers guys.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boydie
    6" will fit with spacers - you will have to make two spacers and stick them together but make the top one smaller (6") to fit your speakers

The standard A3 speakers are Blaupunkt (spl) but they have a plastic casing on them which is very deep as there is a large gap between the door card and door frame

When I fitted my Focals, I had to make up two inch think MDF spacers and attach them to the car

I do not think I have pics but will have a look - I can get a picture of the standard speakers though which are in my garage if you want them?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    6" will fit with spacers - you will have to make two spacers and stick them together but make the top one smaller (6") to fit your speakers

The standard A3 speakers are Blaupunkt (spl) but they have a plastic casing on them which is very deep as there is a large gap between the door card and door frame

When I fitted my Focals, I had to make up two inch think MDF spacers and attach them to the car

I do not think I have pics but will have a look - I can get a picture of the standard speakers though which are in my garage if you want them?
    thanks for that... nah i don't need pics of it, someone else is doing the install.
    what are spacers? im noob at this...

Boydie
    basically as i mentioned, the standard speakers are set on a plastic casing which bring them to the level of the door card.

spacers are just MDF wooden rings which you will have to cut out and mate together to bring the aftermarket speakers up to the level of the door card