EM TuningAH Fabrications
    windsurfer

Status

Supersprint exhaust system

Does anyone have any kind of experience with this brand?

I am looking for info concerning:

1 - Noise levels
    2 - ECU issues
    3 - Apparent/real performance increases

www.supersprint.it

Any info would be appreciated. Anyone brave enough to fit a full system?

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    1. Supersprint can be quite loud so you are best getting the mid silencer box with the system or going for the Miltek exhaust.

2. No ECU issues with an exhaust upgrade.

3. You'll gain probably 5-10% extra power due to the lower back pressure.

Turbo is the only way....

Status
    Yes its louder than the Milltek but you can call it "sportier". Performance gains are similar for resonated systems.

There should be no issues with the ECU if you are going for the full turbo back system. However the prices for a Supersprint is almost double the price for a Milltek here! Not sure if its the same for UK but definately more expensive.

Are you looking for a L/R dual outlet system? Only Supersprint and Abt have it for the A3!
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

windsurfer

Status
    Well thing is Supersprint are well known in Portugal and seem to be of very high quality... Never heard of Miltek here to be honest..

I was looking for info only, car is to new for any mods like that... but if I will do something it will be a full system not only back muffler.... looks concerned... OEM look is what I want....

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Status
    In the UK and here in Hong Kong, Milltek is very popular and with a higher value for money factor than Supersprint. I was a very happy owner of a Supersprint system in my Golf MkII but with the current prices, I am looking elsewhere for a system.

If you want the OEM look, I think the choices are endless, Milltek, Supersprint, Remus (available with adjustable sould level), AWE (US), Abt, Oettinger, MTM,......

Supersprints are super good, I just think that its too expensive now...
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

windsurfer

Status
    Thanks hatmeow that was exactly what I wanted to check.

Also I am looking for a complete system nor just back muffler... sound is important but performance and quality is better that is why I want to go to a good stainless steel system if I ever do it... Too bad no headers available...yet.

Pedro

S3IZZO
    Why don't you get a full custom system with the exact noise and look you want? - much better than any off the shelf items IMO of course.

http://www.pipewerx.com/ are supposed to be very good! - Lifetime guarantee too.

Reverse Gear

Status
    How about Blueflame, highly recommended on the TT forum..

RC
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Would the manufacturers warranty be affected with an exhaust mod???

windsurfer

Status
    maybe.., that is why I am going to wait a bit longer... just gathering information basically

Pedro

RC
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Just wondered, because mine's booked in for a Milltek 'Cat Back' next week!!

windsurfer

Status
    I can't see why it would void the warranty... off course you would not be able to claim anything on the exhaust... but what other damage an exhaust system can do?

Check with your dealer and if they say it is OK ask them to put it in writing, just to be safe...

Pedro

Status
    Headers will definately up your sound level to a near "race like" sound. I havent heard anyone that makes a header for the A3... I also suspect lots more problems with a header because of the added stress from the weight of the turbo.

I personally would steer away from headers if its only for street applications...more pain than gain IMO...
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:

Brakes and Suspension:

Others:

windsurfer

Status
    completely agree but if someone did a road version but with more quality than standard that would be an option... to have a completely full system...

But as I said, gathering info only...

Pedro