Volks AutosBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Facelift worry. Opinions please.

Easy Chiefs.

Basically I ordered a brand spanker A3 Sport 2.0Tdi about a month ago. It was kind of impulsive as my current car has got to that, get shut while you can age! Without any research I assumed a new/facelift model would be due soon but when I asked the dealer, he told me it was due in December this year. Couldn't wait that long so went for it. Now with a little research I see it's June. Been given a delivery date of mid April.

Now personally I'm not too bothered about having the new look, it's not that major, but how will it affect residual values and my part ex value, if I decide to wait? Should I try and haggle some extra discount? I'm also aware that I might feel a little pi$$3d when I see that first facelift model on the street!

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers ta

2. # ADS
    ADS

Third Gear

Status
    You could probably use the fact you were misled by the salesman and given duff info, always worth a try.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyglo View Post
    Easy Chiefs.

Basically I ordered a brand spanker A3 Sport 2.0Tdi about a month ago. It was kind of impulsive as my current car has got to that, get shut while you can age! Without any research I assumed a new/facelift model would be due soon but when I asked the dealer, he told me it was due in December this year. Couldn't wait that long so went for it. Now with a little research I see it's June. Been given a delivery date of mid April.

Now personally I'm not too bothered about having the new look, it's not that major, but how will it affect residual values and my part ex value, if I decide to wait? Should I try and haggle some extra discount? I'm also aware that I might feel a little pi$$3d when I see that first facelift model on the street!

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers ta

Don't worry about the facelift mate unless you like dame edna glasses. Might be worth a moan to the dealer though and see if they will up the discount. 12-13% is possible.

5th Gear

Status
    Wouldn't worry about a facelift. Only time it would bother me is if it was a completely new model
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

I wouldn't worry. The first ones will not start coming off the production lines to at least July and possibly not until after the factories August shut down. I would doubt they be available to the UK until the end of the year.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Stalled

Status
    Chances are you can get the facelifted front retro fitted anything as the chassis remains unchanged if you are that worried. Looking at concept pics and photos from various sources, I think that the current A3 looks nicer as the top cluster of DRL looks kinda out of place.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks all for for taking the time. Certainly put my mind at rest although I dont see any harm in badgering the dealer for some extra goodies!

Neutral

Status
    I've seen the pic of the facelifted A3, in the other thread, and I don't see what changes have been made. It doesn't look any different to me.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Facelift looks ****E. Same as A3 Cab