Does the concert 2 need coding for ipod interface?

Garth_S3

Reaction score
I managed to get hold of an ipod interface and all connections (well if truth be told, I bought the entire glove box and all wiring with the interface in it for £10 :D don't you just love breakers yards!) and have connected it all up, but the stereo shows no sign of anything connected. I take it I have to tell the head unit that there is something attached, but how?

Do I need to have the feature enabled by vag-com? My version does not support the 8P due to the can-bus so I'm either going to need to take a trip to the dealers or find someone local with a newer version of vag-com.

I don't suppose by some miracle that you can just get in to the menu of the stereo and enable this?

Cheers

should just be a case of connecting it all up and then pressing the CD button twice to select the CD-Changer. The concert 2 sees the ipod as a CD Changer.
That's what I thought, but no joy. Actually, just realised, it's the concert 3 (car is only 3 weeks old!).

Pressing the CD button just cycles between CD and AUX (which is the aux-in located in centre console). I am led to believe that pressing CD should cycle between CD, CD changer and Aux.

I am assuming the stereo needs coding because it does to enable the aux.

Thanks

Nope, I installed a PhatNoise Jukebox into my car with Symphony II+/III (since been replaced with RNS-E), and it picked it up straight away as a CD-Changer. The iPod interface works in the same way. Are you sure everything is hooked up properly and the iPod connector is getting power? Also, have you correctly attached the earth connection?

As soon as a device is hooked up to the head unit and the head unit recognises it, the coding is automatically updated.

Pressing CD with your setup should go CD, CDC\iPod, Aux in that order.

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm just going to have to find someone with VAG-COM and cehck the coding on it. You can't get the wiring wrong/incomplete as there is just one cable that runs straight from the interface to the head unit with a seperate earth. Connection is childs play. Either the unit is faulty or the coding is wrong.

If it's bust, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I only went to the scrappy to buy a grab handle to adapt and got this along with the glove box/ipod interface for a tenner! I could probably sell my glove box for that!

I was a little gutted to find that the A3 in the breakers was very well specced: RNS-E, phone prep, ipod, cruise etc, but the RNS-E was smashed to pieces :( Could of got that for about 30 quid I reckon :D