Performance VW Magazine

S

S3IZZO

Buy it this month, it's well good!...some dodgy S3 owner hooning round a track with some other 2.0TFSi cars :icon_thumright:

pvw.JPG

Is this the second issue? last month it had Renaultsports? or is this a VW mag?

Thanks

p

Buy it this month, it's well good!...some dodgy S3 owner hooning round a track with some other 2.0TFSi cars :icon_thumright:

Nicely showing your registration number too - all ready for cloning. Oh and bye bye warranty. :uhm:

I don't think that they take too kindly to hooning round the track.

Not having read the article does it mention your Mods ?

Paul

I don't think that they take too kindly to hooning round the track.

Not having read the article does it mention your Mods ?

Paul

If driving the car on a track voids the warranty I really feel for the Audi R8 owner who came along too (But i'm fairly certain it doesn't). My warranty is going out of the window anyway if I fit a hybrid turbo to it....C'est la vie.

The test was based on the Golf Edition 30, Seat Leon Cupra and the S3 (standard). If someone wanted to cloan a car and needed a registration number all they have to do is go on the Audi website or Pistonheads/Autotrader/Ebay. There's a massive list.

lol at number plate paranoia, I can look out of my window and get a number plate

So then mate, what was the outcome of the tests? what were the tests , what did it prove?

R8
S3
Cupra
ED 30

p

Is this the second issue? last month it had Renaultsports? or is this a VW mag?

Thanks

p
I know last month they had a write-up of the PVW track day at Brands Hatch in early December. It was a joint day with Performance French mag - hence the overlap. Plus there were at least 10 Seats there and a couple of 8L S3s as well meaning the VW allocation was a bit poor. Unfortunately they didn't put a pic of my Ibiza in the mag.

Laptimes, Lap splits, 0-60, 0-100, 30-50, 50-70 and VMax (but vmax was only measured in the R8).

As for what it proved, taking costs into consderation the cars are all aimed at different markets whilst having simlarish performance (S3 was only marginally faster than the Leon). The consensus was they'd all choose the S3 but didn't think they could justify spending so much money on a 3 door hatchback

The S3 is £7,000 (with no options) more than the Leon and you get simlar performance, but the interior of the leon is plastic fantasic, very cheap and nasty...the golf is somewhere in the middle but 3 seconds slower round the track that day.

So really there's a 2.0TFSI for different people (and budgets), I suppose VAG as a group market it that way

Great mag this month.

Jordan well done for getting your car in there, did you volunteer your car or something or did they ask you directly?

J

Thanks!

Elliott asked me - know him via the Wheel Whores website, was a fun day.

I had the Cupra, interior is nowhere near as good as the S3 , but as a cheaper car it was great!

Xenons are not STD now on the Cupra , they are a £975 option , so the difference is closer to 6k now, with no heated leather or 4wd!

Was the Cupra remapped? or did you put stock map back on?

p

I was using stock map, wouldn't have been very fair otherwise - although from the RR day last week I don't suppose it would have made a great deal of difference :sly:

As i said in the other thread , Cupra's are putting out 260-ish bhp , all the 2.0T are doing 20ish more than book, if you run em in hard and use good juice!

p

I don't doubt it - Cupra weights almost 100kg less too, I did like parts of it and loathed other bits....like what's the deal with the HUGE pillar completely blocking your vision? I had to lean right forward to see the apex when entering a corner.

Just read this , good read! I'm a bit surprised that Cupra did so well ( compared to the S3 ) at 0-60 and lap times! a bit too close really.

There seems to be a real knack to the 0-60 in the S3 , you either get it spot on like EVO mag and get a 5.6 or a good launch and get a 6.06 like here?

p