EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    S3IZZO

Performance VW Magazine

Buy it this month, it's well good!...some dodgy S3 owner hooning round a track with some other 2.0TFSi cars

2. # ADS
    ADS

On Boost

Status
    Is this the second issue? last month it had Renaultsports? or is this a VW mag?

Thanks

p

S3IZZO

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3IZZO View Post
    Buy it this month, it's well good!...some dodgy S3 owner hooning round a track with some other 2.0TFSi cars
    Nicely showing your registration number too - all ready for cloning. Oh and bye bye warranty.
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

S3IZZO
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue View Post
    Nicely showing your registration number too - all ready for cloning. Oh and bye bye warranty.
    Transfering a private plate on to it next week. And what has voided the warranty exactly?

6th Gear

Status
    I don't think that they take too kindly to hooning round the track.

Not having read the article does it mention your Mods ?

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

S3IZZO
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue View Post
    I don't think that they take too kindly to hooning round the track.

Not having read the article does it mention your Mods ?

Paul
    If driving the car on a track voids the warranty I really feel for the Audi R8 owner who came along too (But i'm fairly certain it doesn't). My warranty is going out of the window anyway if I fit a hybrid turbo to it....C'est la vie.

The test was based on the Golf Edition 30, Seat Leon Cupra and the S3 (standard). If someone wanted to cloan a car and needed a registration number all they have to do is go on the Audi website or Pistonheads/Autotrader/Ebay. There's a massive list.

In two minds

Status
    lol at number plate paranoia, I can look out of my window and get a number plate
    Skint because of my car, the forums made me do it

On Boost

Status
    So then mate, what was the outcome of the tests? what were the tests , what did it prove?

R8
    S3
    Cupra
    ED 30

p

Brum brum

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Is this the second issue? last month it had Renaultsports? or is this a VW mag?

Thanks

p
    I know last month they had a write-up of the PVW track day at Brands Hatch in early December. It was a joint day with Performance French mag - hence the overlap. Plus there were at least 10 Seats there and a couple of 8L S3s as well meaning the VW allocation was a bit poor. Unfortunately they didn't put a pic of my Ibiza in the mag.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

S3IZZO
    Laptimes, Lap splits, 0-60, 0-100, 30-50, 50-70 and VMax (but vmax was only measured in the R8).

As for what it proved, taking costs into consderation the cars are all aimed at different markets whilst having simlarish performance (S3 was only marginally faster than the Leon). The consensus was they'd all choose the S3 but didn't think they could justify spending so much money on a 3 door hatchback

The S3 is 7,000 (with no options) more than the Leon and you get simlar performance, but the interior of the leon is plastic fantasic, very cheap and nasty...the golf is somewhere in the middle but 3 seconds slower round the track that day.

So really there's a 2.0TFSI for different people (and budgets), I suppose VAG as a group market it that way

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Great mag this month.

Jordan well done for getting your car in there, did you volunteer your car or something or did they ask you directly?

J
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

S3IZZO
    Thanks!

Elliott asked me - know him via the Wheel Whores website, was a fun day.

On Boost

Status
    I had the Cupra, interior is nowhere near as good as the S3 , but as a cheaper car it was great!

Xenons are not STD now on the Cupra , they are a 975 option , so the difference is closer to 6k now, with no heated leather or 4wd!

Was the Cupra remapped? or did you put stock map back on?

p

S3IZZO
    I was using stock map, wouldn't have been very fair otherwise - although from the RR day last week I don't suppose it would have made a great deal of difference

On Boost

Status
    As i said in the other thread , Cupra's are putting out 260-ish bhp , all the 2.0T are doing 20ish more than book, if you run em in hard and use good juice!

p

S3IZZO
    I don't doubt it - Cupra weights almost 100kg less too, I did like parts of it and loathed other bits....like what's the deal with the HUGE pillar completely blocking your vision? I had to lean right forward to see the apex when entering a corner.

On Boost

Status
    LOL , that is one of the bad bit's of the car!

p

Status
    Lack of visability, only a minor point then
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

6th Gear

Status
    hey hey... nice one mate! Get in there with the white beast!

On Boost

Status
    Just read this , good read! I'm a bit surprised that Cupra did so well ( compared to the S3 ) at 0-60 and lap times! a bit too close really.

There seems to be a real knack to the 0-60 in the S3 , you either get it spot on like EVO mag and get a 5.6 or a good launch and get a 6.06 like here?

p