S3 ELECTRIC WINDOW PROBLEMS

t&biskits

it`s all black
Reaction score
WHEN THE CARWAS PICKED UP FROM DEALERS(NEW), NOTICED THAT THE DRIVERS WINDOW ONLY WORKED MANUALLY, I.E. SECOND CLICK DIDN`T OPEN /CLOSE WINDOW AUTOMATICALLY. TOOK CAR BACK TO DEALERS & THEY FIXED PROBLEM (SOFTWARE). 2 WEEKS LATER BOTH WINDOWS HAVE DECIDED THAT THEY WONT WORK ON THE SECOND CLICK, HAS ANYBODY HAD SIMILAR FAULT? ALSO HAS ANYBODY NOTICED THAT IF YOU TURN IGNITION OFF WITH MAIN BEAM ON,THEN TURN IGNITION BACK ON, THE LIGHTS WILL ONLY COME BACK ON DIPPED,SO YOU HAVE TO PULL THE STALK BACK TO DIPPED ??:shrug:

Second issue, dont know,

for the first one, just close the window, and once up, hold the up button for 5 seconds, it will auto adapt again.

First Question: what he said!

Second question: nope, never had that happen. I have occasionally come home late at night and left the high beams on. when I get into the car the next morning they are still on.

I think this is actually better, it is better that you drive off in dipped mode than go blinding everyone because the high beams were on and you did not notice!

You will also notice the wipers stop in auto mode when the car is stationary, the rear wiper turns on alone when you engage reverse and the wipers are on.....just some of the programming of the car modules.

JUST FOUND CAPS LOCK, THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING TO DO WIth alloy wheels. i will try the mentioned solutions and get back to you.:unsure:

JUST FOUND CAPS LOCK, THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING TO DO WIth alloy wheels. i will try the mentioned solutions and get back to you.:unsure:

Just found CAPS LOCK.... I didnt realise Yeovil was that far south! ;)

many thanks to demian m, i now have a pair of windows that work, and one less trip to the dealers!! apart from not knowing what caps lock is, i have also never seen a whippet or a flat cap!(kontraband);)

many thanks to demian m, i now have a pair of windows that work, and one less trip to the dealers!! apart from not knowing what caps lock is, i have also never seen a whippet or a flat cap!(kontraband);)

NOOO WAYYY!!! I'll send you one of me spare flat caps if you like, but yer cant have me trasured whippets!! ;)

i know this is slightly off the subject , but do flat caps need feeding?:jester: