Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Turbo is the only way....

Status

Phone Prep - Retro fit?

Dear All,

I live in a place where the only option you get when buying an A3 is the colour... (and an engine choice of 3.2Q, 2.0T, or 1.8T but that's it!) I have heard from this forum that the Phone prep is a great feature to have. It is possible to retro fit such a feature? Does it have Bluetooth built in?

Thanks in advance!
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

2. # ADS
    ADS

On Boost

Status
    The OEM phone prep has bluethooth, TBH i'm not sure if you can retro fit it, as you use the DIS and the MFSW to cycle through your phone book, a MFSW can be retro fitted , but not sure on the bluetooth/downloading phone book, DIS bit.

p
    Last edited by phantom; 13th March 2008 at 11:41.

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    If you were to get the GSM phone prep and can retro fit it...Don't get it mounted on the dash because it looks terrible in my opinion...I just use mine as an elaborate sat-nav holder.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

Status
    Phantom, What is a DIS?

Oh forgot one point, the head unit that came with the car is Concert and any other headunit is not available. Does it make a difference? can the Phone Prep work with the Concert unit?
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

On Boost

Status
    Yes , the DIS , is the little screen between your rev's and your speedo , your phone book downloads and you cycle through it using the MFSW and it shows up on the DIS.

p

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hatmeow View Post
    Dear All,

I live in a place where the only option you get when buying an A3 is the colour... (and an engine choice of 3.2Q, 2.0T, or 1.8T but that's it!) I have heard from this forum that the Phone prep is a great feature to have. It is possible to retro fit such a feature? Does it have Bluetooth built in?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes it can be done, kufatec sell the kits.

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Yes, install can be done. There are some changes to be made to the Kufatec harness if you want SDS (Speech recognition) with your RNS-E as they dont cater for that.

Status
    Super! Thanks for the tips. Its very expensive though.... A regular Sony /Ericcson in car bluetooth kit costs about 1/4 of the price installed...

However, the display of the phone contacts in the DIS and control on the MFSW is also very appealing....tough choice.
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:

Brakes and Suspension:

Others:

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry i am new to this! My problem is doing my head in! Yesterday I picked up my new A6 S-line & it is fab. However I cannot get the phone system to work. It has the full fancy phone package with voice & all the bells & whistle but it comes up with the message YOUR TELEPHONE MAY NOT BE CONNECTED OR ATTACHED PROPERLY. Can anybody HELP!!!!!!!!! PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mastronik View Post
    Sorry i am new to this! My problem is doing my head in! Yesterday I picked up my new A6 S-line & it is fab. However I cannot get the phone system to work. It has the full fancy phone package with voice & all the bells & whistle but it comes up with the message YOUR TELEPHONE MAY NOT BE CONNECTED OR ATTACHED PROPERLY. Can anybody HELP!!!!!!!!! PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
    Firstly, your A6 has a completely differnt phone system to the A3 - so you really should be asking questions in the A6 forum.
    Have your paired your mobile with the car? You need to do that to make the system work.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hatmeow View Post
    Super! Thanks for the tips. Its very expensive though.... A regular Sony /Ericcson in car bluetooth kit costs about 1/4 of the price installed...

However, the display of the phone contacts in the DIS and control on the MFSW is also very appealing....tough choice.
    Once you've had the OE phone system it makes the aftermarket ones fell really naff.

If you're not comfortable retrofitting it yourself there's people on here who can help you - S8craig in Manchester, TDiAvant in the NorthEast and me in Hampshire.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

5th Gear

Status
    He is known as craigyb on this forum i think...
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The911SC View Post
    He is known as craigyb on this forum i think...
    He's on many forums and I get confused which name he uses where!!!