Phone Prep - Retro fit?

hatmeow

Turbo is the only way....
Reaction score
Dear All,

I live in a place where the only option you get when buying an A3 is the colour... (and an engine choice of 3.2Q, 2.0T, or 1.8T but that's it!) I have heard from this forum that the Phone prep is a great feature to have. It is possible to retro fit such a feature? Does it have Bluetooth built in?

Thanks in advance!

The OEM phone prep has bluethooth, TBH i'm not sure if you can retro fit it, as you use the DIS and the MFSW to cycle through your phone book, a MFSW can be retro fitted , but not sure on the bluetooth/downloading phone book, DIS bit.

p

If you were to get the GSM phone prep and can retro fit it...Don't get it mounted on the dash because it looks terrible in my opinion...I just use mine as an elaborate sat-nav holder.

Phantom, What is a DIS?

Oh forgot one point, the head unit that came with the car is Concert and any other headunit is not available. Does it make a difference? can the Phone Prep work with the Concert unit?

Yes , the DIS , is the little screen between your rev's and your speedo , your phone book downloads and you cycle through it using the MFSW and it shows up on the DIS.

p

Dear All,

I live in a place where the only option you get when buying an A3 is the colour... (and an engine choice of 3.2Q, 2.0T, or 1.8T but that's it!) I have heard from this forum that the Phone prep is a great feature to have. It is possible to retro fit such a feature? Does it have Bluetooth built in?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it can be done, kufatec sell the kits.

Yes, install can be done. There are some changes to be made to the Kufatec harness if you want SDS (Speech recognition) with your RNS-E as they dont cater for that.

Super! Thanks for the tips. Its very expensive though.... A regular Sony /Ericcson in car bluetooth kit costs about 1/4 of the price installed...

However, the display of the phone contacts in the DIS and control on the MFSW is also very appealing....tough choice.

Sorry i am new to this! My problem is doing my head in! Yesterday I picked up my new A6 S-line & it is fab. However I cannot get the phone system to work. It has the full fancy phone package with voice & all the bells & whistle but it comes up with the message YOUR TELEPHONE MAY NOT BE CONNECTED OR ATTACHED PROPERLY. Can anybody HELP!!!!!!!!! PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Sorry i am new to this! My problem is doing my head in! Yesterday I picked up my new A6 S-line & it is fab. However I cannot get the phone system to work. It has the full fancy phone package with voice & all the bells & whistle but it comes up with the message YOUR TELEPHONE MAY NOT BE CONNECTED OR ATTACHED PROPERLY. Can anybody HELP!!!!!!!!! PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Firstly, your A6 has a completely differnt phone system to the A3 - so you really should be asking questions in the A6 forum.
Have your paired your mobile with the car? You need to do that to make the system work.

Super! Thanks for the tips. Its very expensive though.... A regular Sony /Ericcson in car bluetooth kit costs about 1/4 of the price installed...

However, the display of the phone contacts in the DIS and control on the MFSW is also very appealing....tough choice.
Once you've had the OE phone system it makes the aftermarket ones fell really naff.

If you're not comfortable retrofitting it yourself there's people on here who can help you - S8craig in Manchester, TDiAvant in the NorthEast and me in Hampshire.