STOLEN FRONT A3 GRILLE-BLACK

mike60e

Reaction score
Watch out to any body who is fitting the black optic grille on to a A3,Some little f***er stole mine from the local supermarket in december 2007 inc the number plate
:busted_cop::busted_cop::busted_cop::busted_cop::busted_cop::busted_cop:
The police said its quite common. not happy:lmfao:

They must of just pulled on it and snaped it off towards the top of the grille,lucky for me they didn't damage the bonnet or rest of the bumper.Local audi dealer gave me a good discount for new replacement.
AUDIA3005.jpg

Sorry to here about that. Little ****** ba*tards.

I accept it happened to you mate but i find it incredible that they got it off.

Having fitted both an S-Line(like yours) and S3 grill to my successive cars i know how hard its is to remove correctly and refit an optiks grill.

Especially the S-Line grill. You need more fingers than you got to remove correctly with the bumper off. They way they did it would have rendered it useless as most if not all the clips would have snapped off. Incredible.

It is unbelievable. It is impossible that they properly removed the grill ecause it's bolted on from the inside and integral to the bumper. So if the just 'snapped it off'....it has got to be absolutely useless. All the screw holes must be shattered....I'm confused!!

So if the just 'snapped it off'....it has got to be absolutely useless. All the screw holes must be shattered....I'm confused!!

S-Line grill are clips only(no screws) but they are different sizes and positions all round. The only bolts being the ones under the bonnet/top of the grill, visible only with bonnet up.Therefore this would have been left broken.

IMO the damage to the removed grill including the broken under bonnet bit(as clips are significant all round) would make it useless as a possible refit.

Watch out to any body who is fitting the black optic grille on to a A3,Some little f***er stole mine from the local supermarket in december 2007 inc the number plate

Sorry to say, but this makes me feel not so bad about my tow hook cover:yes:

Though...why would you post about an incident that happened in december now? (or am I reading it wrong?)

Might see it on a corsa over next couple of weeks!!!!
Going back to the grille,they left the top section of the grille where the screws attach to metal panel.The clips must have been broken,so wouldn't have thought the grille could have been re-fitted anyway.
:hi:

Sorry to say, but this makes me feel not so bad about my tow hook cover:yes:

Though...why would you post about an incident that happened in december now? (or am I reading it wrong?)
problems with broadband for a few months.

Its been awhile, But today i have refitted my new Black optics grille and number plate cover and it looks good again.:yahoo:
DSC00408.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

:yahoo:

hi micheal 150 do u have a lava grey audi? its looks black in the foto, reason i am asking is i am considering the black optics grill and am not sure if it would look good on a lava grey a3.

hi micheal 150 do u have a lava grey audi? its looks black in the foto, reason i am asking is i am considering the black optics grill and am not sure if it would look good on a lava grey a3.
Hi mate, Yes it's LAVA GREY. Each time you take a photo it looks a different grey, I guess it down to different light.
:racer:

For me, going without the Tinterweb for 48hrs is like giving up a 100 a day smoking habit. How did you survive for 4 months?!! lol
Tell me about it. I had to use the works computer when i wanted the internet, It was hard especially when you can't remember your passwords. But i'm back now.
What car have you got ?

So there goes the class of the tipical Audi owner... I though it was a prestige premium brand...lololo

Pedro