EM TuningVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

Blinkin twats!!! someone took my tow hook cover! >:(

The apartment manager says I should wait till 8pm before the security guy who can review the camera recordings comes to work! Then he kept saying it's the wind that blew it off.

World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

2. # ADS
    ADS

On Boost

Status
    Scum bags!

What price are they?

p

windsurfer

Status
    wind... sure

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    What price are they?
    Just called my dealer(watford audi). 10.92gbp without paint.

Also, I've just learnt that misano red's paint code is LZ3M? can anyone confirm?
    World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

L60N
    It does beg the question. WHY?!!?

windsurfer

Status
    pure vandalism.... like many things in our cities.... I work in London sometimes and the thing that I find really sad is when using the train (not the tube) there isn't a single spot of wall, etc that isn't sprayed with graffiti.... really sad...

I have absolutly nothing against graffiti if done properly it can be a work of art... but compared to Portugal... London is quite decadent in these matters, don't teenagers have better things to do like playing sports, studying, reading, etc....

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

On Boost

Status
    Cheap recreational drugs and boredom are to blame in the inner citys!

There used to be youth clubs in every town , now theres nothing!

I used to be a member of one of the most famous ( and oldest ) boys clubs in the country Salford lads club ( boxing , football, ect great times ), used to be open 7 nights a week , now it's open two!

Cut backs!

p

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Maybe it was stolen to order!
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    It does beg the question. WHY?!!?
    Yup, it's not like wing mirrors, wheels or headlights where they can make a quick buck selling it off, wtf could they possibly gain from jacking a piece of plastic?

newbiecrg,
    on the topic of graffiti, I quite like these ones just beside waterloo bridge

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ysv/1sttry.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ysv/2ndtry.jpg

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Seriously you're right, why would you steal that? So poor....

1st Gear

Status
    bugger -

must be able to get one in that colour from ebay i guess.

4th Gear

Status
    Knowing Audi they probably charge you 100 for that painted.
    Gutted for you- sounds sad but I pray everyday that my car will be untouched. And so far, I've been very lucky, it's virtually in showroom condition after 1 year and a half on the roads.
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

Status
    Are you sure it just didn't fall off? Might sound daft but plastic bits easily come away. Vandalism or not, I can't think why someone would go to the trouble of taking it.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    Wind my arse as Jim Royale would say.Utterly pointless theft.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbikez View Post
    Wind my arse as Jim Royale would say.Utterly pointless theft.
    Unless someone out their with a red A3 with a missing took hook cover see's boggysv's motor and thinks to themselves that'll do nicely.

I'm not saying that's what happend but it's a perfectly valid scenario.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy? View Post
    Unless someone out their with a red A3 with a missing took hook cover see's boggysv's motor and thinks to themselves that'll do nicely.

Then they'd be disappointed to know I'm not brilliant red. Car is parked in a "secure" parking, with cctv and barrier gates restricted to apartment residents. I'm the only red S3 here, the other A3s are silver and black.

The part is ready for collection tomorrow, anyone care to give an estimate paint cost and recommend a bodyshop near central london? Else I might just drive around with it unpainted for a while

2nd Gear

Status
    Can you buy a tin of misano spray, if so do it yourself its such a small item by the time you stick some polish on it,I'm sure it will be ok.
    If not leave it for a while and when your lacquer starts peeling Audi will spray it for you (my misano A3 had to have bits sprayed due to the lacquer coming off at six months of age )

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstic View Post
    Can you buy a tin of misano spray, if so do it yourself its such a small item by the time you stick some polish on it,I'm sure it will be ok.
    If not leave it for a while and when your lacquer starts peeling Audi will spray it for you (my misano A3 had to have bits sprayed due to the lacquer coming off at six months of age )

I'm surprised with the multiple cases of misano peeling on this board. Never read about such a problem on US based forums (audiworld, audizine, vwvortex). Hope mine is fine. <fingers crossed>

Anyways, 40gbp out of the pocket for no good reason

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstic View Post
    You can buy what is called a "Touch-Up Set" which consists of a 9ml bottle of "Pearl Effect Base Paint" and a 9ml bottle of "Clear Lacquer". It is priced at 5.75+VAT and can be ordered through your dealer.

The part number for Misano Red is LST 0P2 Z3M.

I bought a kit last year to touch up a small stone chip on my bonnet, but I've not got around to doing it yet.

3rd Gear

Status
    I was looking at "paintscratch.com" and it seems I need to use some clearcoat as well? Not even sure if I need to use plastic primer.

Seeing how I have to buy my own spray/brush, do the job myself, risk screwing up...I'd rather send it to audi and let them handle it. If there's any problem, I can always just drive the car back with my receipts.

(yep, I'm the kind of guy who wont change my own oil if I can pay someone to do it.)

6th Gear

Status
    As far as I know you can buy most of the trim pieces in basic black plastic or pre-primered. I think the primered parts end with a Z, but don't quote me on that.