Cheap Longlife Oil

Brookie-S3

Reaction score
just been looking through ebay and came across this ?

works out at £5 p/l:blackrs4:

Be a good buy for a fleet, but way OTT for an individual owner.
Mine went through oil like Gazza does Red Bull, but it still didn't come anywhere near 60 litres!

tires and oil... two thinks I don't mind paying...

Yes, but that suggests this oil is deficient in some way.
It isn't, it meets the appropriate specification.
So you wouldn't gain anything by spending more.

Yes I would..... peace of mind! Maybe I am just old fashioned... But in terms of oil and tires... only reputable brands with a long history of business.

There are very good tires from not so well known tires like there is oil that meets Audi requirements but I personally prefer oil from Mobil, Castrol, Shell, etc than a white brand that meets specs...

Maybe this is somethinf that comes from my years of 2 stroke go karting where a different oil made wuite a difference... you should see the piston and cilinders... and all came from an homologated list... but there where lots of differences between them...

I am pretty sure that if the oil meets Audi specs it will be OK but it is a personal opinion/choice... that is all.

Pedro

Pedro, have you actually looked at the ebay advert being discussed?
It's Castrol oil.

no I was speaking in general... my apologies.. I was posting a general comment about cheap oil... that is all...

Audi charged me £85 for my last 4.5 ltr.......

Best oil i ever came across was Mobil 1, period.

Yes I would..... peace of mind! Maybe I am just old fashioned... But in terms of oil and tires... only reputable brands with a long history of business.

In general terms I agree with you. I always prefer to purchase brands that I know and trust.

"There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey."
- John Ruskin

In this particular case it seems that the oil in question is Castrol, so assuming it's genuine, there should be no problem.