S3 interior decision?

Young un

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im new to this forum so forgive me if Im not on the same wavelength as you all & I ask "daft" questions!

Placed an order for new S3 last week which should be delivered mid-end April. But Im undecided whether to have the embossed leather uphostery or half leather/alcantara.
I've seen both these finishes in various S3's (pictures online and at Audi showrooms). Im not terribly keen with the embossed effect but it is exclusive to the S3 range. I prefer the look and feel of alcantara but concerned how it will maintain (ie wear and cleaning etc..)
I've got till Fri to make a final decision and inform Audi dealer otherwise I wont be able to change my spec.
What are your opinions?

I had exactly the same dilema, but in the end I stuck with the full leather.

I had alcantara in my old Civic Type R and it seemed to attract stains and was a bu**er to clean. Also it wore badly from getting in to the car, and especially where the seatbelt rubbed on the shoulder of the seat it went smooth and shiny (I know you won't get seat belt rub in the S3, but you get the idea).

I think come trade in/resale most people will wan't the leather, but saying that if you wan't the two tone seats go for it!

p

Why dont you have the two tone leather - best of both worlds

I had black Alcantara and it was easy to clean/look after. I would'nt go with a colour though, as said; it WILL discolour over time/wear.

I actively looked for alcantara in my A3 as I had it in my integrale and really liked it

IME it doesn't spot or stain, stays warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer and is very resistant to wear

Audi leather isn't the best (it's bearly a step up from VW) which needs constant treatment and nourishing to stop it looking crap - plus have a look at used car seat squabs as the leather sags and gets baggy over time (a few pics in autotrader or audi's used car pics will give you an idea)

If I were to buy a new one new I'd go for cloth 100% - think I'm in a minority of one in that though :)

no not at all, i vac them with soft brush head, and wipe them down with a warm leather, and leather cleaner, then feed them with leather wax.

look the dogs, and are very comfy..................

Hear what you are saying regarding the embossed as its an aquired taste but unique. I had alcantra/lthr on a previous A3 and it looked really good, not as user friendly as lthr but I had no problems. I don't think either choice would affect value or desireability come resale, in line with the Generation 1 S3 my vote is for Alc & Lthr mix to make your car a little more unique.

Thanks for all the advice/opinions guys. I finally settled for embossed leather due to S3 exclusivity. Didnt like two tone leather and although I love the bucket seats, I found them impractical. (slide and tilt in 2 motions rather than 1 with the sports seats). Might even get the seats re-trimmed at a later date if the embossed simply doesnt grow on me!! Thanks again

This is what mine will look like - should be on my drive sometime next week

3db5_27.jpg

44e6_27.jpg

I don't like leather but the red / black looks well tasty :yes:

Very E46 M3 as well.

Just like mine... you'll love it. I'm very happy with the combination, the only thing is that I see on the pic the brushed aluminum and mine has the black piano... I like the aluminum better..
Good luck.

This is what mine will look like - should be on my drive sometime next week

3db5_27.jpg

44e6_27.jpg