IPod and Symphony II (Bose)

quattro_mike

Reaction score
I've now had my TDi Quattro for a couple of weeks and am looking to install my Dension Ice Link plus.

I've had the IceLink for about 3 years now, and it's been in my Leon and VX220 -each time just buying a new cable to fit the wiring of the different cars. I've now got the appropriate cable for the Symphony II and will have a crack at installing it in the next few days.

The only thing that isn't clear to me is how you select the iPod input on the Symphony II stereo. It's the one with the in-dash CD changer, so there's no button or function for selecting a CD changer (as it just has a 'CD' button), so how will I select CD changer mode to listen to the iPod?

Does an additional function appear on the 'hot-keys' once you've got a CD changer / iPod attached? I did a search, and it seems that people have this setup working fine (as in link), it's just unclear to me at the moment how it will work when installed

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=12255&highlight=ipod+symphony

Any advice would be much appreciated :beerchug:

With the dension kit i have got you plug the cable into the cd changer port, not sure if yours has one of these with it been a dash mounted changer. To select the ipod you press the cd button twice if on radio.

Basically the cd button on mine toggles between cd and cd changer (ipod)

Hope this helps

Right - that makes sense!

I've found out that the stereo does have the CD changer port, I was just expecting a CD changer button to be present, but the CD button toggling between CD and CD changer / iPod makes sense. Cheers!