Concert II+ fitting a Phatnoise

muskoka

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a Phatbox to a new concert II+ head with BOSE?
Have looked at various websites and nowhere does it show the new connections for this head unit?

Thanks

Has anyone fitted a Phatbox to a new concert II+ head with BOSE?
Have looked at various websites and nowhere does it show the new connections for this head unit?

Thanks
try this: www.a3phatnoise.quinlivan.net. Should have everything you need in terms of parts and diagrams.

I'm not certain about the bose pin, but as far as I know you just need to relocate it from the existing connector in the quadlock into the new blue connector on the 20-pin to 12-pin adapter listed on the above link.

Thanks for that but my system which has BOSE doesnt seem to be the same? blue plus does not fit, but thanks anyway.

Thanks for that but my system which has BOSE doesnt seem to be the same? blue plus does not fit, but thanks anyway.
Coincidentally, I had an email over the weekend from a guy looking to do the same install on a Concert II+ with bose.

He has just sent me photos of the cables he is using, and I'm guessing you've made the same error he has.

The CD-Changer cable (A4B0 051 735 B) should have come in a bag with three connectors - I think they were blue, yellow and a third colour. These three connectors need to be joined together to make up a 20 pin connector.

This 20-pin connector then goes into the red end of this adapter (P/N 1J0 051 445 D
adapter_320.gif

and the blue end of it then goes into the back of your head unit. You will need to transfer the bose wire from the 12-pin blue connector at the back of the quadlock into the same pin on the blue end of this adapter.

Is that making any more sense to you?

If you're still stuck, post a picture of the connectors in your quadlock, along with the connector on the end of the CD-Changer cable.

By the way, the head units are the same whether you have BOSE or not. The only difference is the BOSE wire in the connectors, so your installation on a Concert II+ is no different to that in any other II+ model.

I've been out to my car to take some photos.

Here is the setup in my car:

You can see the blue 12-pin connector in the quadlock and the red 20-pin connector with three smaller connectors in it - blue, green and yellow.

Here is a closer look at the 20-pin red end:

You can see here that there are three connectors joined together - a 6-pin yellow one, a 6-pin green one and an 8-pin blue one. This blue one is the one that is on the end of your CD-Changer cable. The bag the CD-Changer cable came in should have these additional connectors in it.

Here is the connector on its own:

You should be able to see the brown earth wire running across the top of my finger - this is attached to a bolt in the dash for earth.

Here is the 8-pin blue connector on its own - I presume this is the blue pin you are talking about.

Does this explain things for you, or do you need more information? Let me know if you do, and I'll do my best to help.