MTM Bimoto Alloys

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Hello all...

I'm pretty much sold on the 19" MTM Bimoto alloys with the diamond cut/polished finish for my Avus silver A3. I think they're really great looking wheels, as are the Sportec rims.

The prices i've seen online are around £1200 +tyres. Is that the best i'm going to find or can i get them cheaper anywhere else?

Does anyone here own a set of Bimoto's on an 8P A3? Opinions on the quality? Care to post any photos?! Photos and opinions on the Sportecs would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Me too, see here;

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=51058

QST are the only importers, and I phoned up on friday to buy mine, but they were out of stock, of the titanium ones at present, and then said they would probably be more money now as the poor exchange rate!!! - I am ringing them again on monday

Me too, see here;

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=51058

QST are the only importers, and I phoned up on friday to buy mine, but they were out of stock, of the titanium ones at present, and then said they would probably be more money now as the poor exchange rate!!! - I am ringing them again on monday

Make sure you keep me posted on what they say... Mind me asking what the wheels will be costing you? Also what tyres are you thinking of going for?

Paul.

I will be putting TOYO Proxes, as advised by Kim at QST - plus I had these on my MKV GTI and R32 and they are a great tyre, albeit quite soft, but that makes it all more fun.

Im speaking to Kim tomorrow, and will let you know

Only picture i have...

37d0_27.jpg

Make sure you keep me posted on what they say... Mind me asking what the wheels will be costing you? Also what tyres are you thinking of going for?

Paul.

Just spoke to Kim @ QST, and my wheels are ordered - Not in stock at present, but will be here within two weeks, so just in time for the arrival of my car. I went for the Goodyear F1 Assymetric 235-35-19 in the end, as these are the best rated tyres at the moment and worked out cheaper than the TOYO's

He has got some wheels in stock though(just not the titanium), at the price advertised £300+VAT per wheel, and he's also got plenty more coming in:icon_thumright:

Just spoke to Kim @ QST, and my wheels are ordered - Not in stock at present, but will be here within two weeks, so just in time for the arrival of my car. I went for the Goodyear F1 Assymetric 235-35-19 in the end, as these are the best rated tyres at the moment and worked out cheaper than the TOYO's

He has got some wheels in stock though(just not the titanium), at the price advertised £300+VAT per wheel, and he's also got plenty more coming in:icon_thumright:

Thats brilliant, thanks very much for that. Appreciated. Definitely something i'm going to look into within the next few months... Nothing like some shiny new wheels for the summer!!

Just ordered my new rims with QsT, they are going to strip a new set then powder coat them black for me! same with my new Milltek exhaust they are going to make one black for me! very nice guy Kim, will use him again

Blimey and I though my OZ UltraLegerras were expensive.

Nice wheel though are they ultra lightweigh ?

Paul

They are the exact wheels i'm looking to get hold of, diamond cut face. I think they'll look brilliant with Avus Silver. Where did you get yours from and what tyres are you running?

Paul.

:notme: if only buddy... lol. They photoshop. Look real genuine though eh.

Your right they would nice with Avus silver. I got a mate with a Avus B5 Rs4 whos got the same rims and they do look nice. So good choice in that....
But as for prices they are expensive including the tyres your looking a bill in the region of £1600.

S3LTN_MTM3-1.jpg

:puke2:Not feeling these though.

^^^^ Are they the same wheel just a different shade?

I think i like the silver wheels better , they'd look mint on a Phantom car!

p

:notme: if only buddy... lol. They photoshop. Look real genuine though eh.

Your right they would nice with Avus silver. I got a mate with a Avus B5 Rs4 whos got the same rims and they do look nice. So good choice in that....
But as for prices they are expensive including the tyres your looking a bill in the region of £1600.

S3LTN_MTM3-1.jpg

:puke2:Not feeling these though.

Haha, that is a good photoshop job!! At a glance it never twigged!

Considering how much these things cost i think i should see some in the flesh before buying. I'd also like to see some Sportec Mono 10's as well. They look pretty awesome from what i've seen and a nice curve to the spoke.... Could do with robbing a bank to be honest!

Hello all...

I'm pretty much sold on the 19" MTM Bimoto alloys with the diamond cut/polished finish for my Avus silver A3. I think they're really great looking wheels, as are the Sportec rims.

The prices i've seen online are around £1200 +tyres. Is that the best i'm going to find or can i get them cheaper anywhere else?

Does anyone here own a set of Bimoto's on an 8P A3? Opinions on the quality? Care to post any photos?! Photos and opinions on the Sportecs would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

I had the MTMs on my S3. They look the dogs, but they don't do much for the handling - just too big. But they're not too heavy considering the size.

I think you'll find that the £1200 you were looking at is plus VAT. I paid nearly £1600 without tyres from QST.

Cs3n-1.jpg

I've got a set of 5 at home. The normal silver ones.
They too wide for my S3 as they came off an Rs4... so they just lying there waiting for me to buy one in the future :sly:

I had the MTMs on my S3. They look the dogs, but they don't do much for the handling - just too big. But they're not too heavy considering the size.

I think you'll find that the £1200 you were looking at is plus VAT. I paid nearly £1600 without tyres from QST.

Cs3n-1.jpg

Was that your price for the black wheels? Black isn't offered as a standard colour so they're going to be more anyway. My price definitely wasn't £300 per wheel +VAT....That would be outrageous!

Actually on second thoughts it could be minus VAT...I'd have to check. Does anyone know how much a set of 19" Sportec Mono 10's are without tyres??

they are very heavy too, but not as heavy as the sportec mono

mtm 19" wheels weigh about 16.5kg each, oem and replica rs6 are about 13kg,

oz ultraleggera 19" weigh 8.99kg

Dunk 520bhp on your Rs4... wow. Must be awesome power.... must embarass afew owners in their supercars with that much power.
Nice.
My previous MTM S3 i bought was from someone who replaced it with a 520bhp Rs4. Never got to sit in it but boy oh boy that must be special.
Unique car well done mate.

Was that your price for the black wheels? Black isn't offered as a standard colour so they're going to be more anyway. My price definitely wasn't £300 per wheel +VAT....That would be outrageous!

Just checked the reciept, they were £1457 delivered, inc VAT, from QST. Or, £300 per wheel, £40 delivery, and the rest to the taxman. They were originally silver, but I had them powdercoated in black. Just to be different :eyebrows:

Isn't that for the 9.5x19s? I think the 8.5" wide ones for the S3 came in at about 13-14kgs. Still too heavy.

They are the exact wheels i'm looking to get hold of, diamond cut face. I think they'll look brilliant with Avus Silver. Where did you get yours from and what tyres are you running?

Paul.

Be careful of the Diamond cut face, they dont work too well with British weather - lots of salt on the roads in winter

Be carefulof the Diamond cut face, they dont work too well with British weather - lots of salt on the roads in winter

I know i thought of that...I'd keep my original RS6's for winter wheels.

Still not decided which rims i like best to be honest. I'm really surprised at how much the MTMs and Sportecs weigh. Does anyone know roughly how much the standard 18" RS6's weigh in at?

Those anthracite rims on the red A3 look a bit tasty....Hmm, could look nice with an Avus car....

Has anyone got these yet on their A3?

I am considering these but have been told that 19" will kill the performance...

Makes for a harsh ride etc...

can people who have bought these comment?

Yep, I have, and they are fine handling wise

Sorry not the best pics - taken with my camera phone;

Image048-2.jpg

Image047-1.jpg

I cant seem to post pictures but I love my wheels I paid MTM 19" wheels in silver, titanium or titanium polished £1200.00 a set (black wheels available at an additional £320.00 for the set) + vat

More comments please...

i dont want to sorta loose MPG... with petrol prices.... constantly going up...

If you are worried about weight there are a few options. OZ Ultaleggera, any Volk Racing forged wheel (not cheap but amazing!!), OCT Tunings forged B7 (looks like an RS4 but mega light weight). In fact any forged wheel will give you high strength and light weight, but usually they are quite expensive. Give me a call on 0151 343 003 or PM me if you want any more info on light weight wheels.