Aux-In on S3 8P with RNS-E

cooni

Reaction score
It comes standard on the newer build S3's, but lucky me I didnt get it.
Here's my installation... Had to pull the glovebox out to get access.
auxinstall.jpg

Followed instructions over at http://www.navplus.us/forums/showthread.php?t=7038

Nice work, and you keep your CD changer too. ;)

Just noticed there is no airbag de-activation switch. Is that not a requirement in Auz or do you have bucket seats?

Does the RNS-e have video input too?

Yes, you can spec a TV tuner from the factory or fit a Dietz converter and plug in DVD players playstations etc....

what about the digital\analog tuner mentioned on the navplus.us link above:

I found the part numbers for the AUX in socket: 8J0 035 475 (£9.78 incl. VAT), and the 4 pin flat contact housing to go with it is : 8E0 973 754 (£0.78 incl. VAT).
Whilst I was browsing through the 2008 A3 parts list, I also came across a new TV tuner that is digital/analogue : 8J0 919 148. What version of RNS-E does that work with?

JohnS3 said:
Yes, you can spec a TV tuner from the factory or fit a Dietz converter and plug in DVD players playstations etc....

Great! Any similar links for how to add a video input as well as audio?

Have a look at the Kufatec IMA. There is a basic and a plus version.

The plus version lets you control some external devices via the RNSe. You may also want to unlock VIM or video in motion if you're planning to let your passengers view video whilst driving.

JohnS3 said:
Have a look at the Kufatec IMA. There is a basic and a plus version.

The plus version lets you control some external devices via the RNSe. You may also want to unlock VIM or video in motion if you're planning to let your passengers view video whilst driving.

So no simply plug n play like the audio input wiring then? The reason I ask is that I was wondering how simple it would be to hook up an iPod Video....

I think I know where you're going with this.... If you want just video then it'll work. The ipod video output is just that, video. So if you want to navigate the iPod menus then you'll have to integrate the DLO Homedock Deluxe.

[ytv]lCfrWP_JR60[/ytv] [ytv]NA-MDYcOYYQ[/ytv]

You can read about the install on navplus

Good luck.

JohnS3 said:
Just noticed there is no airbag de-activation switch. Is that not a requirement in Auz or do you have bucket seats?
yeh i havent seen any cars with it?

maars said:
So no simply plug n play like the audio input wiring then? The reason I ask is that I was wondering how simple it would be to hook up an iPod Video....
steer clear of "plug and play" VIM (video in motion) boxes
they mess with the vehicle speed reported to the NAV unit and in turn mess with navigation.

Sounds like a Kufatec IMA plus, DLO HomeDockDeluxe and VIM unlocking are required for this little setup. Very smart though...

It's impressive, might even get around to it myself one day....

I presume there's only one version of the DLO? So if I bought a US one (half the price) it won't be restricted to NTSC playback? Or do I have to buy a UK spec PAL DLO?