Polished Bliss Open Day 29th & 30th

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone else on here is going to attend an open day at polished bliss at the end of the month. Details here, it would be good for the members on here who want to start making their cars look better by learning to detail from the professionals who already know how!!

Me and my bro will be making the 351 mile trip from mine :sob: but I'm sure it'll be worth the trip, we'll be stopping over on the friday night to break up the journey.

It'll be nice to finally meet Clark and Rich and obey them :anbet: lol. Also a chance to buy some good products see how to use the polishing machine and also clay bar!

Thanks Nath

I'd like to but its too far away. Theres a very good place down your neck of the woods called offyourmarks, bit closer to home...

Kontraband said:
Miles AND miles!!!!

Know anyone around these fair parts L60N?

Hi Kontraband,

Ive not had any experience with Car detailers because in the past ive maintained the cars myself. Clay bars, polishes waxing etc; Im a bit sad and have enjoyed labouring for hours to see a good end result. I can even make a black paintjob mirrorlike in the bright sun :blush: In my opinion it all boils down to a few basics and using the right product, the rest is easy :happy:

However, im far too busy these days and tentatively looking into using a proffesional service

I spoke to a guy based in Harrogate who claims to be a proffesional car detailer, however; after looking at his pics, none of the paint looks anywhere near to polished bliss's standards.

Have a look here, and click the gallery:

http://www.professional-car-valeting.co.uk/

And tell me what you think :icon_thumright:

Cheers Matt...

L6ON, yeah, I like to sort my own out too but only so far as cleaning normally.... when it comes down to polish/wax I made a reet **** up once and scared myself into not doing it again...

I was only 17 at the time mind, so have experienced with age and will probably read the indtructions and not try and polish a black car in bright sunshine! :banghead:

Kontraband said:
Cheers Matt...

L6ON, yeah, I like to sort my own out too but only so far as cleaning normally.... when it comes down to polish/wax I made a reet **** up once and scared myself into not doing it again...

I was only 17 at the time mind, so have experienced with age and will probably read the indtructions and not try and polish a black car in bright sunshine! :banghead:

Hehe,

I've learnt from bitter experience myself too :)

Once upon a time, long long ago. I was trying to polish my car on what i thought was the perfect bright sunny day, wondering why the polish was just smearing about i thought "Just needs more elbow grease" So i got seriously stuck in. After nearly grinding all my elbow cartilage away i was left with some serious swirlage :crying:

Probably didnt help that i was using Colour magic Polish with a polyester sock :rockwoot:

that all sounds strangely familiar L6ON!!

moonpig, looks good. See hes over in Cheshire... is he coming to you or you going to him??

This bloke's got a good rep on Cupra.net , he's in Manchester/Cheshire so i think i'll ride out the winter then give him a bell.
http://www.finerdetails.co.uk/

I do try to do it myself , but TBH i'm rubbish at it , i spend £30 on gear and spend 4-6 hours doin it and i notice faint scratch's IVE PUT ON IT!

I'll just let the pro's do it twice a year from now on , ill just stick to me jet washer!

p

Kontraband said:
See hes over in Cheshire... is he coming to you or you going to him??

Coming over to mine about 8.30 am. All worth it I'm sure!

Phantom, Iain from finer details would have been the 1st on the list but couldn't do any wet sanding.

Come on boys, don't let the distance put you off.
One can easily do Aberdeen-Manchester-Aberdeen in a day, with football in between.
If I can do it, you can do it.
(My average journey time Aberdeen-Manchester is 4.5 hours)
Rarely above 90mph, so not going daft.

sat1983 said:
Coming over to mine about 8.30 am. All worth it I'm sure!

Phantom, Iain from finer details would have been the 1st on the list but couldn't do any wet sanding.

What is wet sanding?

p

I'm paying £250 for a full detail + the wet sanding. It's about an 8-10 hour job and will "deswirl" the car ( mine only has a very few as was an ex demo), de-tar the whole car etc etc...
Basically the car will be in a better than showroom condition. Well worth it imo.

sat1983 said:
I'm paying £250 for a full detail + the wet sanding. It's about an 8-10 hour job and will "deswirl" the car ( mine only has a very few as was an ex demo), de-tar the whole car etc etc...
Basically the car will be in a better than showroom condition. Well worth it imo.

Thats a great price , so the wet sanding's inc in the £250?

You'll have to put up before and after pic!

If it's a good job and your happy , i may have a bit of that myself.

Thanks

p

L60N said:
I spoke to a guy based in Harrogate who claims to be a proffesional car detailer, however; after looking at his pics, none of the paint looks anywhere near to polished bliss's standards.

Have a look here, and click the gallery:

And tell me what you think :icon_thumright:

Morning All,

I am Dave the chap that claims to be a professional detailer :whistle2:

I wondered why i was getting so many hits from this forum to my website.

The problem with my photo's are that they are all taken outside, as i am a mobile valeter. You will never get them looking as good as photo's taken inside with nice lighting e.t.c.

I am here to assist if required.

For further examples of my work, look in the studio section on Detailing World.

Dave

phantom said:

Thanks

p

Sure is a great price considering the work involved and how it (hopefully!!) will look.
I will post up the pics when the work has been done. Will take a good few!!

Thanks

p

I'll be doing a full pictorial write up of the correction, Sat1983 will be able to point you to it when it's completed.

Looks lovely mate, i'm not sure the wet sanding is what i need for my car , i think my car was used by a Audi rep going up and down the country , so it has a lot of little stone chips on the bonett and bumper , it will be a lot of work to get rid of them all?

Good work tho mate.

Thanks

p

Looks lovely mate, i'm not sure the wet sanding is what i need for my car , i think my car was used by a Audi rep going up and down the country , so it has a lot of little stone chips on the bonett and bumper , it will be a lot of work to get rid of them all?

Good work tho mate.

Thanks

p

Thats what the wet sanding is for. You fill the chips with paint first, then sand the paint bobbles down flush with the bonnet, then polish up :D

^^^^Yeah i know mate, but ive got a lot maybe 40 SMALL stone chips on my bonett and bumper, so i'm not sure if there will be too meny for the bloke to do?

p