Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

    Post Polished Bliss Open Day 29th & 30th

    Hi Guys,

    Just wondered if anyone else on here is going to attend an open day at polished bliss at the end of the month. Details here, it would be good for the members on here who want to start making their cars look better by learning to detail from the professionals who already know how!!

    Me and my bro will be making the 351 mile trip from mine but I'm sure it'll be worth the trip, we'll be stopping over on the friday night to break up the journey.

    It'll be nice to finally meet Clark and Rich and obey them lol. Also a chance to buy some good products see how to use the polishing machine and also clay bar!

    Thanks Nath

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Matt's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,416
    I'd like to but its too far away. Theres a very good place down your neck of the woods called offyourmarks, bit closer to home...
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

  4. #3
    hud at ye bam

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,231
    Should be there! No excuses for me as its only 5 miles from my house
    [/sarcasm]

  5. #4
    L60N
    Guest
    Dudeeee. Thats miles away!!!

  6. #5
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N
    Dudeeee. Thats miles away!!!
    Miles AND miles!!!!

    Know anyone around these fair parts L60N?

  7. #6
    Matt's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,416
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

  8. #7
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband
    Miles AND miles!!!!

    Know anyone around these fair parts L60N?
    Hi Kontraband,

    Ive not had any experience with Car detailers because in the past ive maintained the cars myself. Clay bars, polishes waxing etc; Im a bit sad and have enjoyed labouring for hours to see a good end result. I can even make a black paintjob mirrorlike in the bright sun In my opinion it all boils down to a few basics and using the right product, the rest is easy

    However, im far too busy these days and tentatively looking into using a proffesional service

    I spoke to a guy based in Harrogate who claims to be a proffesional car detailer, however; after looking at his pics, none of the paint looks anywhere near to polished bliss's standards.

    Have a look here, and click the gallery:

    http://www.professional-car-valeting.co.uk/

    And tell me what you think

  9. #8
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    Cheers Matt...

    L6ON, yeah, I like to sort my own out too but only so far as cleaning normally.... when it comes down to polish/wax I made a reet fcuk up once and scared myself into not doing it again...

    I was only 17 at the time mind, so have experienced with age and will probably read the indtructions and not try and polish a black car in bright sunshine!

  10. #9
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband
    Cheers Matt...

    L6ON, yeah, I like to sort my own out too but only so far as cleaning normally.... when it comes down to polish/wax I made a reet fcuk up once and scared myself into not doing it again...

    I was only 17 at the time mind, so have experienced with age and will probably read the indtructions and not try and polish a black car in bright sunshine!
    Hehe,

    I've learnt from bitter experience myself too

    Once upon a time, long long ago. I was trying to polish my car on what i thought was the perfect bright sunny day, wondering why the polish was just smearing about i thought "Just needs more elbow grease" So i got seriously stuck in. After nearly grinding all my elbow cartilage away i was left with some serious swirlage

    Probably didnt help that i was using Colour magic Polish with a polyester sock

  11. #10
    sat1983's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    708
    I'm getting the car detailed on Tuesday and part of the bonnet wet sanded. Will let you know how good he is. His name is tony @ cherished car care.

    This is the standard of his work:

    http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/...pic.php?t=1722

    And his website:

    http://www.cherishedcarcare.com/
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

    2010 Polo GTI 6R

  12. #11
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    that all sounds strangely familiar L6ON!!


    moonpig, looks good. See hes over in Cheshire... is he coming to you or you going to him??
    Last edited by Kontraband; 7th March 2008 at 14:10.

  13. #12
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    This bloke's got a good rep on Cupra.net , he's in Manchester/Cheshire so i think i'll ride out the winter then give him a bell.
    http://www.finerdetails.co.uk/

    I do try to do it myself , but TBH i'm rubbish at it , i spend 30 on gear and spend 4-6 hours doin it and i notice faint scratch's IVE PUT ON IT!

    I'll just let the pro's do it twice a year from now on , ill just stick to me jet washer!

    p

  14. #13
    sat1983's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband
    See hes over in Cheshire... is he coming to you or you going to him??
    Coming over to mine about 8.30 am. All worth it I'm sure!

    Phantom, Iain from finer details would have been the 1st on the list but couldn't do any wet sanding.
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

    2010 Polo GTI 6R

  15. #14
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Come on boys, don't let the distance put you off.
    One can easily do Aberdeen-Manchester-Aberdeen in a day, with football in between.
    If I can do it, you can do it.
    (My average journey time Aberdeen-Manchester is 4.5 hours)
    Rarely above 90mph, so not going daft.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  16. #15
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by sat1983
    Coming over to mine about 8.30 am. All worth it I'm sure!

    Phantom, Iain from finer details would have been the 1st on the list but couldn't do any wet sanding.
    What is wet sanding?

    p

  17. #16
    sat1983's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    What is wet sanding?

    p
    Magic basically. Check this out:

    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=20127

    This is what is going to be done on my bonnet.

    Works for birb poop and everything.
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

    2010 Polo GTI 6R

  18. #17
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Its only an open day and puts miles on the car so I can get closer to the remap!!

  19. #18
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by sat1983
    Magic basically. Check this out:

    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=20127

    This is what is going to be done on my bonnet.

    Works for birb poop and everything.
    Great stuff , ive got loads of small stone chips, how much is it?

    I got qoted 500 for a bonnet and bumper respray from a Audi bodyshop!

    p

  20. #19
    sat1983's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    708
    I'm paying 250 for a full detail + the wet sanding. It's about an 8-10 hour job and will "deswirl" the car ( mine only has a very few as was an ex demo), de-tar the whole car etc etc...
    Basically the car will be in a better than showroom condition. Well worth it imo.
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

    2010 Polo GTI 6R

  21. #20
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by sat1983
    I'm paying 250 for a full detail + the wet sanding. It's about an 8-10 hour job and will "deswirl" the car ( mine only has a very few as was an ex demo), de-tar the whole car etc etc...
    Basically the car will be in a better than showroom condition. Well worth it imo.
    Thats a great price , so the wet sanding's inc in the 250?

    You'll have to put up before and after pic!

    If it's a good job and your happy , i may have a bit of that myself.

    Thanks

    p

  22. #21
    DPN
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N

    I spoke to a guy based in Harrogate who claims to be a proffesional car detailer, however; after looking at his pics, none of the paint looks anywhere near to polished bliss's standards.

    Have a look here, and click the gallery:

    And tell me what you think
    Morning All,

    I am Dave the chap that claims to be a professional detailer

    I wondered why i was getting so many hits from this forum to my website.

    The problem with my photo's are that they are all taken outside, as i am a mobile valeter. You will never get them looking as good as photo's taken inside with nice lighting e.t.c.

    I am here to assist if required.

    For further examples of my work, look in the studio section on Detailing World.

    Dave
    Last edited by DPN; 8th March 2008 at 08:12.

  23. #22
    sat1983's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    Thats a great price , so the wet sanding's inc in the 250?

    You'll have to put up before and after pic!

    If it's a good job and your happy , i may have a bit of that myself.

    Thanks

    p
    Sure is a great price considering the work involved and how it (hopefully!!) will look.
    I will post up the pics when the work has been done. Will take a good few!!
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

    2010 Polo GTI 6R

  24. #23
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I'm going to this day to learn how to detail so I don't need to pay a pro

  25. #24
    Tony@Cherished's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Thats a great price , so the wet sanding's inc in the 250?

    You'll have to put up before and after pic!

    If it's a good job and your happy , i may have a bit of that myself.

    Thanks

    p

    I'll be doing a full pictorial write up of the correction, Sat1983 will be able to point you to it when it's completed.

  26. #25
    sat1983's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    708
    Not the best write up, as to be fair I was so surprised at the few swirls on the car! I was constantly checking up on the work so to be fair he was so busy that he had no time for pics! The finish was superb, but sadly had to drive in the pouring rain 10 mns later!!
    http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/...c913189c9718f1
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

    2010 Polo GTI 6R

  27. #26
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    Looks lovely mate, i'm not sure the wet sanding is what i need for my car , i think my car was used by a Audi rep going up and down the country , so it has a lot of little stone chips on the bonett and bumper , it will be a lot of work to get rid of them all?

    Good work tho mate.

    Thanks

    p

  28. #27
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Looks lovely mate, i'm not sure the wet sanding is what i need for my car , i think my car was used by a Audi rep going up and down the country , so it has a lot of little stone chips on the bonett and bumper , it will be a lot of work to get rid of them all?

    Good work tho mate.

    Thanks

    p
    Thats what the wet sanding is for. You fill the chips with paint first, then sand the paint bobbles down flush with the bonnet, then polish up :D

  29. #28
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    ^^^^Yeah i know mate, but ive got a lot maybe 40 SMALL stone chips on my bonett and bumper, so i'm not sure if there will be too meny for the bloke to do?

    p

  30. #29
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    ^^^^Yeah i know mate, but ive got a lot maybe 40 SMALL stone chips on my bonett and bumper, so i'm not sure if there will be too meny for the bloke to do?

    p
    Never say never!!!!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO