UGLY GSM Phone Preparation...

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Like a few of you probably have, i've got the GSM phone prep, dashboard mounted (not my choice!) and to be honest it's dog ugly.
My phone connects up to the bluetooth system just fine so i fail to see any real need for the GSM prep.

So my question is... can i remove this? Will it leave an even uglier mess if i do? And is there anything i can do about that?

Options and suggestions please!

Cheers. Paul.

dealer tried removing this for me when I brought my car. Ended up re-fitting it as it has a hole the size of a matchbox behind it :wtf:

I'm the same mate, if you do take off the prep , it will leave 3 holes 2 small ones and one the size of a 2p.

Choice 1 , get a new dash ( a lot of money at the moment, wait till ebay/scap yards start getting them in )

Choice 2 remove the prep and put spmething over the holes IE ipod stand or satnav holder.

I'm waiting for option 1 myself.

p

I'm the same mate, if you do take off the prep , it will leave 3 holes 2 small ones and one the size of a 2p.

Choice 1 , get a new dash ( a lot of money at the moment, wait till ebay/scap yards start getting them in )

Choice 2 remove the prep and put spmething over the holes IE ipod stand or satnav holder.

I'm waiting for option 1 myself.

p

Hmm, probably just leave it for the time being then, i suspected it'd leave a massive hole in the dash. It's hard to believe that thing is a £385 optional extra. I don't spend enough time in the car to use it anyway. (oh and my Samsung isn't even compatible just to make matters worse)
Anyway never mind, i'll just use it for a sat-nav stand if possible. might as well put it to some good use!

Cheers fellas!

Paul.

PNH80 said:
Hmm, probably just leave it for the time being then, i suspected it'd leave a massive hole in the dash. It's hard to believe that thing is a £385 optional extra. I don't spend enough time in the car to use it anyway. (oh and my Samsung isn't even compatible just to make matters worse)
Anyway never mind, i'll just use it for a sat-nav stand if possible. might as well put it to some good use!

Cheers fellas!

Paul.

I do this when I use the Tom Tom using a bit of velcro, at least it makes use of a really naff piece of design.