Screen wipes for the RNS-E?!

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

Just wondering :uhm: what screen wipes you lot use for the screen of the RNS-E? I need to get some also for my girlfriend's Mac Book Pro as hers hasn't been done since we bought it last August :keule: and is looking completley :puke2: !! I take it I need TFT ones?

Any advice/pointers/etc to which ones you lot use?

Thanks

Nathan

Please please please dont use any window cleaner spray!!! (Sorry consilio) some can really damage your screen. You can get special TFT screen cleaner fluids if it's really dirty but most of the time a simple wipe with a very soft cloth will do the trick. I some times use the cloth that came with my sunglasses...

Microfibre cloth is what you need, you can get em from any good hardware shop. they do the job really well.

Try a single drop (or maybe two) of washing up liquid in a mug of warm water and some kitchen towel. Wipe the screen GENTLY with little or no pressure!

Seriously... Just get a pack of TFT monitor alcohol wipes. They do exactly what they say on the tin. Get them from any computer store or office supplier. Job done.

PNH80 said:
Seriously... Just get a pack of TFT monitor alcohol wipes. They do exactly what they say on the tin. Get them from any computer store or office supplier. Job done.

That was pretty much the answer I was looking for.......off to PC World :undwech:

you dont even need to go to PCWorld... you can get em at Tesco or whatever your local is.

I always think those TFT wipes are a con.
Wether it's my laptop screen or TV screen or RNS screen I find that a good old fashioned damp piece of kitchen roll does the job no bother. And for a streak free finish I use a microfibre glass cloth. Done this for years and it's been fine.

I used to work for a company that made 90% of the different screen wipes you buy in PC world etc. We used to charge around 35p per tub to make them. I beleive they sell in PC World for £3.00 - £4.00 !

P.s Don't use anything with alcohol as it can attack the plastic on the screen and cause it to crack over time with repeated use.

Brillo pad and ajax work well in getting those pesky icons off. Leaves a lovely diffused look to your screen there also good for claening the car paintwork especially when you three year old wants to help.

Seriously TFT wipes not screen cleaner are the way to go and no they are not a con as they are fairly dry but do work. if the screen as fairly contaminated you know snot and fingure prints then use a few.

Trust me im an engineer! LOL

Good luck

Max

I find lens cleaner spray with lens cleaning cloth works quite well to remove greasy finger prints. You can purchase a small 50ml bottle from any high street optician for a £2 and just ask for a FREE lens cloth. If they do charge you, then ask politley at Vision Express and you should get it free (better still come ask for me and I'll sort it oujt for you!!)

Just use a sighlty damp e-cloth (I think it is the microbibre cloth mentioned above). Great for all all, TFT, specs, plasma, LCD screen cleaning.

try steel wool haha lol

damp water on a kitchen towel and then clean with a microfibre cloth

I was cleaning the inside of my windscreen yesterday using those holtz window wipe jobbies and when I was finished I gave the RNS-e screen a quick once over. Seems to have done the job.