OEM A3 aluminium trim...Where can i find it?!

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Alright guys, I've currently got the gloss black trim in my A3 (3 door) but i'm considering fitting the brushed aluminium trim instead. One problem...I can't find any!
I've done the usual rounds looking through Ebay and the net only to find aftermarket products which i really don't want.
Can anyone point me in the right direction where i can find authentic trim at a decent price?

Also, is it difficult to fit? Anything to watch out for or does it literally just snap on and off?

Cheers. Paul.

PNH80 said:
Also, is it difficult to fit? Anything to watch out for or does it literally just snap on and off?
Cheers. Paul.

Not too bad the most difficult bit I found was the gear changer trim on my DSG - only slightly fiddly.

All you need to do is look at the replacement trim item to show you where the clips are that you need to release to change the trim. Take your time and have a range of flat bladed screwdrivers, rags and cardboard to protect the panel trims when you prise trim off.

I'd also say leave your self pleanty of time so that you can change it at your own pace.

Paul

I have just purchased a full set from Vagparts, if you mention you are an Audi Sport member you should get a discount I paid £282.78 inc VAT delivered

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onea...nid=1547ce6b8c68a17/shopdata/index.shopscript
https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1547ce6b8c68a17/shopdata/index.shopscript

Like GTI Jazz Blue said they are straight forward to fit, just leave yourself plenty of time, dont rush or you will end up damaging your trim. Have a look where the new clips are then you know where to lift the trim.

Cheers for that guys...very helpful indeed. Wouldn't have thought something that basic would be so hard to track down! Still pricey for bit of pressed metal but i'll get my credit card out!

SteveTDCi said:
Try VAG parts.com they list it.

I notice in your sig that you have Philips extreme bulbs. I take it you don't have xenons? Are the philips bulbs a big improvement on standard bulbs?

PNH80 said:
Cheers for that guys...very helpful indeed. Wouldn't have thought something that basic would be so hard to track down! Still pricey for bit of pressed metal but i'll get my credit card out!

Personally I prefer the piano black to the silver, so I'm sure you'll find a good home for the old bits. :thumbsup:

PNH80 said:
I notice in your sig that you have Philips extreme bulbs. I take it you don't have xenons? Are the philips bulbs a big improvement on standard bulbs?

They ain't as good as xenons b ut are much better than standard. I did put a post up showing the difference between the bulbs. The philips are much whiter and give a better spread of light.

SteveTDCi said:
They ain't as good as xenons b ut are much better than standard. I did put a post up showing the difference between the bulbs. The philips are much whiter and give a better spread of light.

Might have a look at those. I bought my car nearly new (7 months old, Audi owned demo car) without xenons and i'd really like some fitted. I'd be interested to know if the facelift model xenon units (with LED running lights) will fit the current model. But for the time being the Philips might be a good replacement.

JohnS3 said:
Personally I prefer the piano black to the silver, so I'm sure you'll find a good home for the old bits. :thumbsup:

I know what you're saying, i don't have a problem with the piano black trims. They look good but i just fancied the brushed aluminium.
The 'fishscale' is quite a nice sporty finish too, maybe a little busy though...