Recall for fuel pipe on TDI

lil_coz

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just come back from Audi today and it turns out that my car was down for a re-call to have a fuel pipe changed. Apparently its the one from the fuel filter to the injectors (or so I got told). I've got it booked in for next week and was wondering if anyone else had this done?

Coss

Not heard anything yet. When was your car built or first registered?

Got it end of October last year. So 4 months old.

Mine was built end of December 07 but I've not had any recall letter! (yet) :scared2:

I didnt get a letter either. He just brought it up when I took it in. I'll ask more questions on the 12th when it goes in and let you know what he says.

Coss

Perhaps it's just one of those things to be done on certain cars when they are next in for a service. I've had a couple of those in the past.

yeah, Ive had a couple of them too... where they dont call you but just do it next time your in. Was a bolt last time if I remember correctly...

Ok, just come back from Audi after dropping my car off. The guy said that he didnt have a clue what the reason was for having the fuel pipe changed. But apparently its something that Audi developed for one reason or another. The way to tell if you have the 'new' pipe is near the clip that holds it onto the fuel filter, there are 2 white dots. If you have them, its the developed, newer part.

On another note, got given a 1.9tdi and christ its slow! You appreciate your car a lot more once you've taken a step down! Also the little things you take for granted you miss as well! Sat in it and put my arm in the middle and it fell down! No centre armrest! I'll give it one thing tho.... Economical! Was in heavy town traffic and it averaged 40mpg!

Had a call from my local Audi dealership on Wednesday for this recall - car is going in tomorrow. The service guy said they are not entirely sure they need to change it until they have visually inspected it - all he would say was it was fuel pipe related.