..PERMANENT 4WD OR NOT..

well you can get HPP controller which you can select more or less the amount of torque sent to the rear to a maximum lock of 50%...

What car do you have?

Do a search on here for the Haldex controller. I've started a thread about changing the controller before. It's all very long winded and technical so i won't go on about it again but upgrading the controller if definitely worth it (the controller alone costs £550 - £600). Basically the power s sent to the back wheels much more freely, quickly and aggressively upon acceleration and any loss of traction is detected sooner.
I personally wouldn't want the Torsen full time 60/40 AWD system on my A3 because it's unnecessary for about town etc. If you can upgrade the Haldex controller to be more aggressive when delivering power to the rear when needed, in my opinion thats the perfect system. More economical and versatile.
Don't forget... The Bugatti Veyron uses a Haldex developed system.

Erm, sorry folks, seems it's gone mad and posted my message several times!

PNH80 said:
Erm, sorry folks, seems it's gone mad and posted my message several times!

Re-record not fade away-Re-record not fade away! LOL

Sorry

p

I currently drive a 3 series BM, sold my TT 225 qauttro in December, and regretting it..

I have a fair understanding of how the Haldex works, and would always be happy to let APS in Brackley tinker with it..

What about brakes, will the Brembos from the Cupra fit an A/S3..

qstix said:
I currently drive a 3 series BM, sold my TT 225 qauttro in December, and regretting it..

I have a fair understanding of how the Haldex works, and would always be happy to let APS in Brackley tinker with it..

What about brakes, will the Brembos from the Cupra fit an A/S3..

Don't think there's any need to tinker, it's just a straight swap of Haldex controller units to my knowledge. Not a big job at all.