New 170PS TDI engine

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Audi have launched, at the Geneva Motor Show, a new version of the 2.0 common rail TDI engine fitted to the new A4 but with 170PS and fitted in to the new Audi TT 2.0TDI.

Perhaps this is the engine that will end up in the new or perhaps even the face-lifted A3.

Details are:

The ideal TT TDI engine not only had to complement the much-loved character of the TT, but also had to fit transversely into its compact engine bay. It has the space-efficient shape of the latest 2.0 litre, four-cylinder TDI, and includes performance and refinement-boosting common rail fuel injection incorporating advanced piezo injection technology. Launched to critical acclaim in the new A4 Saloon in 143PS form, the TT has been upgraded to 170PS with an impressive 350 Nm maximum torque output – more than even the 3.2 litre V6 petrol model.

Almost certainly as the DPF is required to meet the latest emission standards. Almost all diesels Audis sold in Germany have a DPF as standard.

I am sure if the DSG is available it would have been upgraded accordingly... One would assume... right...

So I might wait a bit instead of getting a C30 for my hanging about...

Pedro

Hmmm 350Nm of torque the magic DSG maximum figure.

My current 2.0TDI-170 already produces 350Nm and it is fitted with a S-tronic (DSG).

h5djr said:
Almost certainly as the DPF is required to meet the latest emission standards. Almost all diesels Audis sold in Germany have a DPF as standard.

it is german law and for those who have one they get a fuel tax re-bate

no chance of that in rip off britain !!

hmmm, that, in an A4 with DSg would be interesting

Anyone know if the A4 will get DSG?

Yes, the A4 will be getting the S-tronic (DSG) and soon...

The following appeared in the Editoral section of the March 2008 issue of Audi Driver magazine. The Editor, Paul Harris, attended a presentation of the new seven-speed DSG gearbox designed for smaller engined cars and...

When I asked him (Michael Schafer - the engineer in charge of the double-clutch gearbox development) if his team was developing a version of the six-ratio double-clutch gearbox to mate with the logitudinal engines in Audis, he gave a big grin and said 'Definitely - it will be in production for August' I know that long term testing of A4s with S-tronic gearboxes has been taking place and we can expect the 2009 model year line-up to include this option.