caymen s for whoever was unsure

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
someone on here was unsure on whether to buy a tt or caymen s my dad has got a caymen s for a few days as a company car heres the pics id have this beast over any audi tt

STH70126.jpg

STH70125.jpg

STH70123.jpg
:hubbahubba:

Has he let you take it out for a spin yet? If not, rob the keys and go for a joyride.

Is that a Cayman or a Cayman S?

why would someone go for a cayman over the cayman s? Are they a lot cheaper?

Not pouring cold water on anything here, it's a beautiful car but it's not the 'S' and in white (in my humble opinion) maybe a touch hairdresser. So i wouldn't call it a beast to be honest. Don't take that personally, just saying!

Nice car though but would you REALLY have it over an RS TT if it was released? Come on now....

siu00adg said:
why would someone go for a cayman over the cayman s? Are they a lot cheaper?

Difference is about 9k I think, Cayman is about 35k,Cayman 'S' starts at about 44k.

Mark

markwiggy said:
Difference is about 9k I think, Cayman is about 35k,Cayman 'S' starts at about 44k.

Mark

Fair enough then, it is quite a big jump.

siu00adg said:
Fair enough then, it is quite a big jump.

It is but MY GOD what a difference. The difference between the 2 is pretty much a good car and a great car. It's like comparing an S4 to an RS4.

PNH80 said:
It is but MY GOD what a difference. The difference between the 2 is pretty much a good car and a great car. It's like comparing an S4 to an RS4.
What's the difference though? Just more power or is the S a better setup?, does it have an LSD?

I believe it's a 2.7 compared to a 3.2. Not sure on the horsepower, obviously it'll be a fair wack more in the 'S'. As i understand it, the 'S' does have a slightly improved/tweaked set-up. Suspension, exhaust etc. (correct me if i'm wrong, i could be!)
As previously said... It's a big jump in price so it's all accounted for in various improvements.

Dont forget those prices are for a standard spec... Your looking at 40k and 50K easily.

As a drivers car I think even the standard Cayman is going to be better, as an every day car the TT-S might well prove to be the better mileage muncher. But none of us have driven it yet so hard to say!

J.

yeah it is a caymen he sometimes has a caymen s in the same colour but i took those pics at 1am last night when i finished work so didnt check whether is was the s or not.havent drove this one i had a go in a 911 turbo which he bought home a few months ago and that thing was stupidly quick.lol

I must say though, the Cayman in general has grown on me. The more i see it, the more i see it as a good stand-alone car and not necessarily a poor mans Carrera as i used to. Although for 50K with some nice extras i honestly couldn't justify buying a new one over a lightly used carrera,. Just makes no sense to me!

PNH80 said:
I believe it's a 2.7 compared to a 3.2. Not sure on the horsepower, .

Cayman S is a 3.4 kicking out 295bhp i think, not sure about any other differences,although I am sure there will be lots.

Mark

I love the Cayman but it would have to be the 'S' for me otherwise I would be forever wishing for the more powerful car, it's one of the few cars that make me lust, I guess its because its in reach cost wise but not quite justifiable as a second car, I'm hoping for a nice used example in a couple of years but residuals are outstanding at the moment so I won't hold my breath, Gorgeous.

I like the Cayman S... understated as most Porsches but for sure a great drive! For the kind of car... mid engine sports car is probably the best...

Pedro