A Brilliant Little Engine

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Subway brekky at 10 am :yes: and then off we went to pick up our 1.4 TFSI SE on Saturday.

Well done Audi you have just released a stunning little engine :happy: :happy:

Covered 200 miles with it on Saturday to North Wales and both me and the missus came back very happy about our choice of 1.4.

There was none to test drive at point of order so we took a little bit of a gamble and its payed off.

I hasten to add the salesman said that the A3 is now approaching 6 months from point of order to delivery :confused:

If anybody out there thinks the 1.4 is to small i would say dont discard it get in one and try it :yes: :yes: :yes: it sounds good as well from its twin tailpipes.

One very happy Audi customer :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Do you have Photobucket? If so add your pics onto that, then cut and paste the bottom of the 4 options at the side of the pic. Hey Presto!
IMG Code is the one ya want, then paste the link into the box on here!

TFSI said:
I hasten to add the salesman said that the A3 is now approaching 6 months from point of order to delivery :confused:

He's talking pish, twaddle, nonsense, balderdash and piffle.
I can't see any model taking that long.
We (the company) ordered a 1.9tdi sportback on 30/11.
It's being delivered Wednesday 5/3.
Near as dammit 3 months, which is the same as they were when I ordered back in December 04.

Glad to hear you are happy with your choice mate. With it being a turbo, are you thinking of getting a remap? I believe somebody mentioned that 160hp or above could be obtained from it. Food for thought.

Have you tried to order one of these cars Bowfer?

What makes you think he is talking pish? Demand is outweighing supply on these things. My friend was told the same thing.

027.jpg
That photobucket is a doddle. Here are some pics of me with mine.

Please be gentle with the comments because I love this wee car.

031.jpg

032.jpg

028.jpg

021.jpg

:)

Reactions: dac
GlasgowRangers said:
What makes you think he is talking pish? Demand is outweighing supply on these things. My friend was told the same thing.

If the poster specifically meant the 1.4tfsi, he should have said so.
As it is, his statement was that A3's 'in general' are taking 6 months.
Which is nonsense, as given by the specific order I mentioned above.
If the 1.4tfsi, specifically, is taking 6 months, then anyone willing to wait that long for a car like that is off their head.:tocktock:
No offence, but it's hardly some piece of exotica.
I wouldn't wait 6 months for any car.
Half a ****** year?
Not ****** likely.

GlasgowRangers said:
Glad to hear you are happy with your choice mate. With it being a turbo, are you thinking of getting a remap? I believe somebody mentioned that 160hp or above could be obtained from it. Food for thought.

More than happy with it Glasgow Rangers like you said its a cracking little engine. 160 hp now thats very interesting any idea of which company and cost :happy: :happy:

Mine took 3 months as well from point of order Bowfer i am only passing on what the salesman told me on Saturday. 16 months wait for an R8 as well but me pennies wont run to one of them so i will settle for my little 1.4 flyer that gets the better of 2.0 TDI's :jump: :jump: :jump: TDI 140's i should add :happy:

I'm over here in Turkey and the distributor here said that they can do the remap for TFSi engines with a guarantee. Will let you know what happens.

TFSI said:
Mine took 3 months as well from point of order Bowfer i am only passing on what the salesman told me on Saturday.

So both our own evidence suggests he's a clueless gimp, opening his mouth and letting his belly rumble.
That's that sorted then.:icon_thumright:

bowfer said:
So both our own evidence suggests he's a clueless gimp, opening his mouth and letting belly rumble.
That's that sorted then.:icon_thumright:

Now now Bowfer are you not reading correctly or what :asskicking: :asskicking: We ordered 3 months back. Have you tried ordering today and see how long delivery is :happy:

Another one is MAN TG-X (Audi Styled) like avatar if you order today you wont be hooking a trailer to it for 12 months.

TFSI said:
We ordered 3 months back. Have you tried ordering today and see how long delivery is

Leasing company is still quoting me 3 months.

The bloke was buttering you up, making you feel 'lucky'.

"you're lucky sir, 6 months now sir"

(door opens,new customer)

"Yup, 3 months no problem, sir"

3 Months is that for a two stroke Std fleet A3 which could be built already.

He's no need to make me feel lucky because his changeover price made me put the order through them and he knows i played one dealer against another way before i ordered.

Is this one of those supercharged + Turbo things? WHat is it like on fuel although it may to early to comment?

TFSI said:
3 Months is that for a two stroke Std A3 which could be built already

All Audis are built to order.
No such thing as 'built already', unless it's a cancelled order.
You're determined to believe this bloke, aren't you.

Bong Water said:
Is this one of those supercharged + Turbo things? WHat is it like on fuel although it may to early to comment?

Turbo intercooled only on the Audi. VW add a supercharger to it for 170PS.

Early days but hoping for top side of 40 Mpg on a run. My previous 1.6 fsi would do 42 Mpg on a steady run so maybe better than that.

bowfer said:
All Audis are built to order.
No such thing as 'built already', unless it's a cancelled order.
You're determined to believe this bloke, aren't you.

Yeh He's a nice bloke believe it or not is our Kev :happy: :happy: Down to earth, have a laugh, He worked hard to get to the price i was prepared to pay to change and got within £200 of the price i wanted.

Nice guy not like some of the dorks you can come across in the Audi BMW dealers who only know the white lights are at the front and the red lights are at the back

Looks excellent, like the wheel choice.

Let us know your combined economy when you've had it a while, spin

TFSI said:
Yeh He's a nice bloke believe it or not is our Kev :happy: :happy:

I'm sure he is.
Doesn't mean he's immune to 'salesman ********', evidently.

TFSI said:
If anybody out there thinks the 1.4 is to small i would say dont discard it get in one and try it :yes: :yes: :yes: it sounds good as well from its twin tailpipes.

One very happy Audi customer :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Nice one :thumbsup:

What's it like for smoothness and refinement ?

treblesykes said:
there goes bowfer again opening his mouth without engaging his brain

In what way, prey tell?
Are you suggesting my allogation, that the salesman is talking crap, is baseless?
Do you want a copy of the order form for the A3 we're getting in 2 days, three months after order?
Do you want a copy of the e-mail from the leasing company this morning, stating any A3 can be had in 3 months?
I'm confused as to which part of this evidence consitutes 'non-engagament of brain', in your little world.

Here'a a quick tip though.
If that dealer says 6 months for an A3, try another one...

bowfer said:
In what way, prey tell?
Are you suggesting my allogation, that the salesman is talking crap, is baseless?
Do you want a copy of the order form for the A3 we're getting in 2 days, three months after order?
Do you want a copy of the e-mail from the leasing company this morning, stating any A3 can be had in 3 months?
I'm confused as to which part of this evidence consitutes 'non-engagament of brain', in your little world.

Here'a a quick tip though.
If that dealer says 6 months for an A3, try another one...

The OP is obviously very happy with his car, why do you have to jump in and pick him up on what he has been told by his dealer? Can you not stand a happy Audi customer?

Anyway I thought you were leaving? Won't your new BMW friends come out to play with you? With an attitude like you have, I can understand why.

Christ bowfer is still here I thought he'd gone to impart his wisdom on a bmw site.

GeoffT said:
Can you not stand a happy Audi customer?

I'm fine with that, it's ******** dealers I have a problem with.
I haven't had a pop at the poster or his car, just the pile of ***** he's been fed by the dealer.
TBH, I'm dumbfounded anyone would even believe it was true, but that's another story.

Looks very nice GlasgowRangers, you've got some decent options too. You could never tell it was a poxy 1.4 from just looking at it! A Gooner too :icon_thumright:

There's nothing like a bit of e-banter on a dull Monday afternoon. To all those who say Bowfer is a moaning old git, I'm sure he's well aware of that and probably the first to admit it, let the man speak his mind, it is a public message board and everyone should be able to air their views however strange or absurd they may seem. He's from Aberdeen, those lads are never shy of letting their opinions be heard.

bowfer said:
I'm fine with that, it's ******** dealers I have a problem with.
I haven't had a pop at the poster or his car, just the pile of ***** he's been fed by the dealer.
TBH, I'm dumbfounded anyone would even believe it was true, but that's another story.

What, "salesman exaggerates" shocker - hold the front page.

Hardly worthy of your intervention I would have thought, which is my point.

Does anyone know the full manufacturers spec for these? I am liking the idea of a small nippy petrol car for my next car rather than a diesal. 0-60 times, fuel consumption etc, its a nice looking car that

GeoffT said:
Hardly worthy of your intervention I would have thought, which is my point.

You'd think not, but at least two people on here thought it 'might' be true.
:faint:

bowfer said:

Bowfer old chap you seem seem to have chip on your shoulder about :confused:

I believe sometimes foolishly what people tell me (i trust people) thats how i was fetched up by my parents.
But believe me if i find out people have lied to me i never trust them again.
Unfortunately the truth seems to have gone out the window alot in the UK at present.
So far everything the Audi guy has told me is truthful and i have no reason to believe differently.
Do you not think a Lease Company would order in advance rather than following the same route as a private customer, they know whats due to change and plan ahead i,m sure. Theynormally order in big numbers rather than fives and sixes. Our company cars are leased and the replacements are always here on time.

TFSI said:
Do you not think a Lease Company would order in advance rather than following the same route as a private customer, they know whats due to change and plan ahead i,m sure. Theynormally order in big numbers rather than fives and sixes. Our company cars are leased and the replacements are always here on time.

That may well be the case when lease companies are dealing with run-of-the-mill rep mobiles, but this would be a stupidly risky practice with Audi.
After all, how many Audis are the same, or are bought in base spec?
I'd venture, hardly any.
I'd venture the huge majority of Audi customers change something in the spec.
It's positively encouraged by Audi!
The leasing company we've been using since 2002 don't 'stock' Audis, they just put an order in when we do.

Forgive me for having a chip on my shoulder, as you put it.
I was just correcting your beloved salesman's error, in case anyone read your thread and crapped themselves when they saw "6 months" being touted as some sort of 'fact'.

If anything, I've maybe saved some business for Audi.

Bah, tit for tat :lazy:

On a side note. Saw a sort of gun metal grey D3 parked up the other day.
Looks the b0ll0cks in the flesh, a real head turner!! :wub:

When are you collecting it? you must be counting the days..

Yes... I have been known to eat my words :o.k: :hi:

demand for the 1.4 tfsi is higher than production, VW have had to reintroduce the 1.6 engine to meet demands for smaller engines due to waiting list for the tfsi. hence the 6 month waiting list , so whining future bm drivers should either post facts or not bother, pity the bm/ alpina forum when he decides he doesn't like that either.

Cars are built for joe public the designers cant build a special one-off just to suit bowfer, everything has to be a slight compromise to try and make everyone happy.

treblesykes said:
Cars are built for joe public the designers cant build a special one-off just to suit bowfer, everything has to be a slight compromise to try and make everyone happy.

Anyone explain what on earth this means?
Anyone?
Anyone?

L60N, I've been offered the D3 today, but refused.
We're due snow here today and tomorrow, so I'm keeping the loan X3.
I may be desperate, but I'm not daft.
I tell you though, I'd hate to own an X3.
It sucks. (I could give reasons, but only on a BMW site...):icon_thumright:

treblesykes said:
demand for the 1.4 tfsi is higher than production, VW have had to reintroduce the 1.6 engine to meet demands for smaller engines due to waiting list for the tfsi. hence the 6 month waiting list , so whining future bm drivers should either post facts or not bother, pity the bm/ alpina forum when he decides he doesn't like that either.

Well done treblesykes

There you go then Bowfer i wasn't telling porkies my only mistake was not naming the 1.4 TFSI
Glad somebody believes me and Kev the salesman was spot on.
As a matter of fact he did say yours would be 6 months delivery now.
I took it as A3 he must have meant 1.4 A3. Shame we can't all be perfect like you Bowfer

CHEERS MATE!!! Keep those comments coming because I love my TFSi and it's the best car I've ever owned. Very proud of my wee Audi. Took me a longgg time to get it. Loving it and loving it. Brilliant.

By the way, 6 months delivery time is correct Bowfer my sheep shagging brother. :moa: