Cheap car insurance renewal!

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday i renewed my car insurance (everyone's dreaded payment!)

Last year i was paying £800 with Adrian Flux and the renewal price they came up with was £759.

A3 2litre TFSI with declared SuperChips Remap.
5 Yrs Protected No Claims.
27yrs Young.
Car Garaged.

I then rang Greenlight insurance group and they quoted me £472 with £250 excess and limit of 6000miles.

So i then spoke to Adrian Flux about how i could get the insurance for almost £300 less and they came back to me and gave me a price of £470 with £300 excess and 7500 miles a year.

So it just shows its well worth shopping around!

So anyone looking for car insurance make sure you try Green Light insurance and also Adrian Flux.

Also it was interesting when i got a quote from direct line just to see what price they'd give me without the remap (they don't do modified cars i was told) and the quote was £430.

Shows that the remap has only added £40 onto the price which is good!

RobinA3 said:
Also it was interesting when i got a quote from direct line just to see what price they'd give me without the remap (they don't do modified cars i was told) and the quote was £430.

DL are a bit good at hiding the 'voluntary excess' though ie compulsory is say £200 and your 'voluntary' is another £200. A bit cheeky.

I renewed with Chris Knott the other week. Got it down to about £715 after playing them off against Adrian Flux. I get charged through the nose because of the business use, high mileage and the fact it's leased. Greenlight wouldn't touch me.

Well i'm just changing my standard (apart from cosmetic's) A3 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition for a brand new S3 and my insurance has gone down £250 a year!

Crazy world of insurance

...and i'm bein shafted by my insurance because i have recently had a bump (none-fault someone hit me) (in last month of policy) so claim still outstanding - upshot goes down as a fault claim until settled, and is only re-adjusted mid-term for the remainder of the term (not the beginning already used bit)