Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    2008 Audi S3

Status

S3 misting on outside of window

Find that with the S3 there is misting on the OUTSIDE of the windscreen, right about where the two little vents in the middle is. Does anyone else have that happen as well?

For me this happens at night, especially when the left and right are set to differening temperatures?

Anyone know how to get rid of it? It's been washed with Mequairs etc but it still appears every now and then. Ambient temp outside is 20 deg C or so at night.

2. # ADS
    ADS

windsurfer

Status
    Never happened to me... sorry mate, can't help.

But if it's outside can't the wipers clear it up?

Do you have the air con on?

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Yup, aircon is on all the time. Wipers do clear it, but its kinda annoying to use it when it isnt even raining

3rd Gear

Status
    Is it where the AC is blowing cold air onto that particular part of the screen, casuing it to condensate on the outside??? Ive noticed this on a number of cars Ive owned
    RS4 family wagon.....gone but not forgotten

2008 Audi S3

Status
    yeah, like my top post said, where the little vents are at the front of the dash by the window.

Will see if one can block it off or maybe just block off the ones closest to the window manually (ie stick somethere under the vent)

3rd Gear

Status
    If you block it off, the windscreen won't demist properly, and like I said, Ive had lots of cars that do it, and it is nothing to worry about.
    RS4 family wagon.....gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sakkie69
    Find that with the S3 there is misting on the OUTSIDE of the windscreen, right about where the two little vents in the middle is. Does anyone else have that happen as well?

For me this happens at night, especially when the left and right are set to differening temperatures?

Anyone know how to get rid of it? It's been washed with Mequairs etc but it still appears every now and then. Ambient temp outside is 20 deg C or so at night.
    happened to mine... guess its just a combination of weather factors with the windscreen getting too cold.

i block that air vent by lighting up the middle button on the right, between the up and down arrows.

you can turn on the vent again when and if it does start misting up on the inside (probably not gonna happen given the weather that caused your initial problems)