S3 misting on outside of window

sakkie69

2008 Audi S3
Reaction score
Find that with the S3 there is misting on the OUTSIDE of the windscreen, right about where the two little vents in the middle is. Does anyone else have that happen as well?

For me this happens at night, especially when the left and right are set to differening temperatures?

Anyone know how to get rid of it? It's been washed with Mequairs etc but it still appears every now and then. Ambient temp outside is 20 deg C or so at night.

Never happened to me... sorry mate, can't help.

But if it's outside can't the wipers clear it up?

Do you have the air con on?

Pedro

Yup, aircon is on all the time. Wipers do clear it, but its kinda annoying to use it when it isnt even raining :(

Is it where the AC is blowing cold air onto that particular part of the screen, casuing it to condensate on the outside??? Ive noticed this on a number of cars Ive owned

yeah, like my top post said, where the little vents are at the front of the dash by the window.

Will see if one can block it off or maybe just block off the ones closest to the window manually (ie stick somethere under the vent)

If you block it off, the windscreen won't demist properly, and like I said, Ive had lots of cars that do it, and it is nothing to worry about.

sakkie69 said:
Find that with the S3 there is misting on the OUTSIDE of the windscreen, right about where the two little vents in the middle is. Does anyone else have that happen as well?

For me this happens at night, especially when the left and right are set to differening temperatures?

Anyone know how to get rid of it? It's been washed with Mequairs etc but it still appears every now and then. Ambient temp outside is 20 deg C or so at night.

happened to mine... guess its just a combination of weather factors with the windscreen getting too cold.

i block that air vent by lighting up the middle button on the right, between the up and down arrows.

you can turn on the vent again when and if it does start misting up on the inside (probably not gonna happen given the weather that caused your initial problems)