• GIAC

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 21 30.0%

• Total voters

newbiecrg

windsurfer
Reaction score
I was just wondering what remap is proven to be the most pupolar around here... I know there are others but from my head I could only come with these... feel free to comment!

Diesel and Petrol welcome! :)

Pedro

I did not know those... please anyone when voting other... state which one so all of us can get to know them as well... a link to their website would be nice as well..

Pedro

Revo 3 for me,some people say it does not come in smooth but i must admit it certainly puts a smile on my face and i find the car very smooth to drive.Tim

Got REVO but am considering ******* it off and looking at "Chipped uk" Know there stuff there.

I have only used REVO so dont have much to compare to, but have been happy having REVO on two of my previous cars, and never any issues, and great customer services.

So many prices, is there much difference in bhp?!? Also, whos ever had there car rejected on a warranty claim by leaving the map on there?

Thanks

Nathan.

Alot of VW, AUDI, SEAT and SKODA garages are remap friendly, I know a few even will get your car REVO'd or AMD'd.

Worth asking your dealer in a round about way.

VAGCheck Stage 2 custom remap

Went with them as they remapped my TT a few years ago when they used to be AMD dealers. The service, knowledge and care they take over your car is 2nd to none. They have a great reputation on the TT-Forum.

Remap consisted of full diagnostic check and live data logging before and after the mapping and each map is custom designed for each car. I'm 100% confident that if there was ever a problem with my car I could call them and they would help me sort it out. Price was not an issue for my remap as going with a company I trusted, knew their stuff and offered excellent customer service was more important to me - that being said they offered one of the best priced remaps out there (even better with TT-Forum group buy)

Results are amazing and have transformed how the car performs - I can't recommend them enough.

Although i cant speak for REVO, i have an S3 and have had it remapped by both bluefin and GIAC, the difference in power delivery seems huge GIAC being the better of the two, i remember taking the bluefin map off and not feeling much difference when the car was back at stock, which prompted me to try out GIAC, i have no regrets about spending the extra money.

The general consensus seems to be that REVO delivers lots of power early on and tails off later, GIAC on the other hand is smoother but pulls right to the red line, the increase in torque really pins you into your seat.

Had mine done by statller in sheffield and cannot recommend them enough, top quality service.

Johnnyb said:
Although i cant speak for REVO, i have an S3 and have had it remapped by both bluefin and GIAC, the difference in power delivery seems huge GIAC being the better of the two, i remember taking the bluefin map off and not feeling much difference when the car was back at stock, which prompted me to try out GIAC, i have no regrets about spending the extra money.

The general consensus seems to be that REVO delivers lots of power early on and tails off later, GIAC on the other hand is smoother but pulls right to the red line, the increase in torque really pins you into your seat.

Had mine done by statller in sheffield and cannot recommend them enough, top quality service.

Do GIAC do a diesel map? I hadn't heard about them before I joined this forum but every1 on here seems to rant and rave about them :blahblah1:

Ive not taken the plunge yet , but the time is getting closer i think! at the RR day were gonna have a REVO runner and a GIAC runner!

As it stands now i think it will be GIAC for me, most probbley the 310 map, but i await the results of spin140 run, i plan on keeping this car for 3 years at least, so i need to tread with a BIT of caution!

p

This was from dunk in another post.....

"
i wouldnt worry about the dsg gearbox at all - i know vw did some development work with single turbo 3.2 engines with these boxes running >400hp and had no trouble

there are german and usa companies providing single turbo conversions running 400hp 520nm conversions reliably with standard dsg gearboxes

they uprate the clutch material for 445hp/ 580nm conversions though so i dont think a 2.0tdi is going to trouble it much.

on the 400hp/520nm they use a different boost controller and map so the boost is brought in a little slower so as not to go from no boost to full boost over a few revs as there is a slight risk of clutch slip with very rapid boost increases"

I love it, transforms the car! It's the first remap i've had so cant compare it to anything but it definately is great! Boost really kicks in about 3 - 3.5k and there's just a smooth grunt of torque that brimgs a massive grin to your face!
:)

Anybody tried a Tunit on a 2.0TDI?
I like the concept as It's a new car and I can remove the unit for warranty or service leaving no evidence.

I'm not a fan of the tunit I think it cheats the system compared to a proper map. They are cheap and can be transfered though. There is an artical in this months Audi driver about it.

john farrar said:
Anybody tried a Tunit on a 2.0TDI?
I like the concept as It's a new car and I can remove the unit for warranty or service leaving no evidence.

Is that one of these?

48eb_1.JPG