Nurburg Trip - Info req'd

Spin140

Reaction score
I know its not the right section moderators - Sorry :) but more likely to get an answer in here.

I'm planning my first trip to the ring on sept 13/14/15 just wondered if anyone could recommend a Hotel nearby, min requirements being..

Ensuite
Breakfast/Dinner facilities/restaurant
Secure parking

I've already booked the E/Tunnel and am very excited at the prospect of a road trip acompanied by friends/colleagues in 5 various cars, not a road race of any kind in fact the extended road trip is part of the attraction with varied age ranges from 28 to 53yrs accompanied by their wifes/girlfriends any info would be gratefully recieved to assist in my planning.

Vehicles attending so far..

My S3
Nissan 200SX
Honda type R
Chrysler 300C (D)
Saab Aero 2.8 V6 Turbo

Cheers Spin

i stayed at Hotel Wilhelmshöhe from the above link and was very happy with it plus they talk propper english!

Edgar Manthey rents out a really, really nice villa - kitchen, massive garden, garage big enough for 5 cars...

could work out cheaper than a hotel and it's very close to the ring

if you're interested I can find a link for you

Seriously, don't worry about secure car parking. Car theft in Germany is nothing like what it is here and in Nurburg itself, pretty much everyone around is an enthusiast and treats others' cars with respect. You don't even need to worry about parking dings in the 'ring car park :)

adcooper said:
i stayed at Hotel Wilhelmshöhe from the above link and was very happy with it plus they talk propper english!

Thanks this one looks really nice so should keep the mrs happy too, site quotes 15 mins drive to the ring, is this accurate ?

Vertigo1 said:
Seriously, don't worry about secure car parking. Car theft in Germany is nothing like what it is here and in Nurburg itself, pretty much everyone around is an enthusiast and treats others' cars with respect. You don't even need to worry about parking dings in the 'ring car park :)

Thanks for that as it has put my mind at rest.

Spin.

Spin140 said:
Thanks this one looks really nice so should keep the mrs happy too, site quotes 15 mins drive to the ring, is this accurate ?

Yep 15min is about right, road to its boring apart from the first 2-4min from the ring. I will be staying there again this year, misses loved it too.

Actually, Spin, I just noticed your missus is going.
The lads aren't so sure sliders is a 'couples' place, sorry.