2 1.45%
  • 65-69

0 0%
  • 70+

2 1.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6th Gear

Status

How Old Were You When You Bought Your First A3?

As a follow up to Matt's Poll on the age of A3 owners, I thought a poll to see how old we were when we bought our first A3 would be a little more appropriate.

I've broken down the age ranges into fives since some of us were a little unhappy with the tens Matt used!

Include details on what it was, new or used, and how many A3s you've owned since.
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 28th February 2008 at 09:09.

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    The one in my sig. New obviously and this is my first A3! That clock is ticking!!

Status
    I've only bought one and it was in ordered in 2004 collected 2005. A3 2.0Tdi S-line with DSG in black. Oh and I was 32 when I collected it.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Not only my 1st A3 but 1st Audi too - and I'm (a young) 36!
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy?
    Not only my 1st A3 but 1st Audi too - and I'm (a young) 36!
    LOL...define young

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.

Boydie
    1st A3 and audi at the age of 22 last year

6th Gear

Status
    Oops.... forgot to add my own!

First A3 in Jan 2004 at age 24.
    Second A3 in Jan 2007 at age 27.

5th Gear

Status
    22 when I ordered it, 23 when I picked it up
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Reverse Gear

Status
    25 when I got mine, first Audi and first car

3rd Gear

Status
    This is my first A3 at 33.
    Jon

Now A3 less......

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    LOL...define young
    Well I go by the rule "you're as old as the woman you feel" so that knocks of 7 years!
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

1st Gear

Status
    bought myself my new s3 at 22

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy?
    Well I go by the rule "you're as old as the woman you feel" so that knocks of 7 years!
    LOL...that works for me as well as there's a similar age gap between me and the mrs

windsurfer

Status
    The first car I bought, not the first car I owned was my S3 last year... Aged 26.
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    First Audi and A3.. was last year at 29.
    S3 - Phantom Black with a few options..

Neutral

Status
    27 when I got my current A3. I owned a B6 A4 previous to that, and before that drove my folks A4's so I'm Audi born and breed.. sort of!
    2004 A3 2.0 TDi Sport - Silver - Remapped

Status
    Snap Pete - I was also 27 when we got our Sportback new in October 2004.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

51 for my first A3, but 38 for my first Audi (an Audi 80 Sport)
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Status
    Ah the old 80 sport was a cool car! What colour Davd? I guy I used to work with had one in red and I always used to pester him to sell it to me!

Beer God

Status
    25 when I ordered my 1.9 TDI A3 Sport...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

Ah the old 80 sport was a cool car! What colour Davd? I guy I used to work with had one in red and I always used to pester him to sell it to me!
    It was Silver and a loverly car.

Unfortuately, as the next to pictures show, I was waiting at a set of traffic lights on my way to visit the VW factory in Wolfsburg when a young 'lady' in a Fiesta decided not to stop and crashed into the back of the 80 Sport at about 40mph. The car was a write-off and we had to leave it in Germany and fly home.

Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Status
    Ouch! That had to hurt

Jas.

Status
    WOOOOOOOOH Dave. Nice car pumped up the rear a beauty. Just not right. Bet you were gutted but thankfully in one piece.
    S3 57 Dolphin Grey.
    MFFBSW,GSM,Cruise,Symphony 6,Bose,
    I-Pod,Rain n Light Pack,Front Arm Rest,Black Optik Grille,BBS Calito'S.

06 A3 2.0T Q S-Line Sportback Spec Ed. Sold
    05 TT Quattro Sport (240 bhp). Sold
    04 A4 1.8T S-Line (190bhp). Sold

Neutral

Status
    just turned 20 insurance is a little high due to points
    Dark blue S3, black grill, cruise, bluetooth, 12cd changer, bose, milltek, stealth remap , jetex airfilter

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    It was Silver and a loverly car.

Unfortuately, as the next to pictures show, I was waiting at a set of traffic lights on my way to visit the VW factory in Wolfsburg when a young 'lady' in a Fiesta decided not to stop and crashed into the back of the 80 Sport at about 40mph. The car was a write-off and we had to leave it in Germany and fly home.

looks like you were pushed into the car in front too.

what did you replace it with? were there any problems with the insurance claim given that you'd have been claiming from a non-UK insurer?

I've just realised these photos would have been from the days before digital cameras!

by the way, how many VAG cars can we count in those photos!

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    I think I was 21 when I bought my first A3. Now currently own 2nd A3.
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

looks like you were pushed into the car in front too.

what did you replace it with? were there any problems with the insurance claim given that you'd have been claiming from a non-UK insurer?

I've just realised these photos would have been from the days before digital cameras!

Yes my car was pushed in to the rear of a Golf, hence the smashed lights. Not too much damage to the Golf though. The police attended the accident as it was quite a busy junction. They gave an on-the-spot fine to the lady driving the Fiesta and gave me a form which indicated that I was in no way to blame. The also called out a recovery garage from Wolfsburg. When we got to the garage they were wonderful. They arranged for an insurance assessor to came out that afternoon and have a look, they arranged and took me to see a English speaking lawyer in the town and also lent me a 3-series BMW to finish off the last few days of our holiday. They said just bring the car back to us and we will take you to Hanover airport to fly home. The lawyer took the details and handled it all for us. When we got home I went to see my dealer and I ordered a new shape Audi 80 1.8E. In the mean time the sold me a second hand 80 Sport in white to keep me going until the new one arrived and agreed to buy it back from me at the same price they sold it to me.

The lawyers in Germany settled directly with the Fiesta's insurance company and send me a nice check, probably more than I would have got from my own insurers.
    Dave R (h5djr)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    Yes my car was pushed in to the rear of a Golf, hence the smashed lights. Not too much damage to the Golf though. The police attended the accident as it was quite a busy junction. They gave an on-the-spot fine to the lady driving the Fiesta and gave me a form which indicated that I was in no way to blame. The also called out a recovery garage from Wolfsburg. When we got to the garage they were wonderful. They arranged for an insurance assessor to came out that afternoon and have a look, they arranged and took me to see a English speaking lawyer in the town and also lent me a 3-series BMW to finish off the last few days of our holiday. They said just bring the car back to us and we will take you to Hanover airport to fly home. The lawyer took the details and handled it all for us. When we got home I went to see my dealer and I ordered a new shape Audi 80 1.8E. In the mean time the sold me a second hand 80 Sport in white to keep me going until the new one arrived and agreed to buy it back from me at the same price they sold it to me.

The lawyers in Germany settled directly with the Fiesta's insurance company and send me a nice check, probably more than I would have got from my own insurers.
    Sounds like it was well worth going on the trip then!

Is that why you go back every year?

Sounds like it was well worth going on the trip then!

Is that why you go back every year?
    Funnily enough I never did get to the VW plant in Wolfsburg and I have not made even now. I visited the Audi plant in Ingolstadt about 3 times and the one at Neckarslum once but never got to Wolfsburg.

Perhaps one day as I still go to Germany and/or Austria and Switzerland every year by car. This years it's the Mosel Valley in Germany for one week and then on to the Davos/Klosters area of Switzerland. Always great driving both on the autobahns and other roads in Germany and in the mountains.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Status
    Jesus that is service David. Although I hope no one has to experience it themselves.

J.

Administrator

Status
    I was 21 when I bought my A3. I was a late starter to driving and it was my first car (to learn in) - I figured that while I was going to be hit on insurance I was only wasting my money anyway so I might as well drive something I would enjoy rather than a banger for the sake of economy.

It got me through my test and lasted a couple of years then met a sticky end on the M6. I replaced it with an A4 TDI then for the sake of practicality and though they've been the only two cars I've owned, I've had plenty of experience driving other things and all I can say is I'm glad I started by spending my own money on decent german motors

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

1st Gear

Status
    20 when I got my A3 last year
    "I don't sweat because I use Lynx Africa"

Status
    first a3 was an s3 at the age of 21

Reverse Gear

Status
    I bought my first S3 (8L 210) when I was 24, second S3 (8L 225) when I was 25. I have moved to the dark side now....but I might be back soon for a black 8P!
    Don't take life too seriously, no-one gets out alive anyway.....

Beer God

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan
    Yeah Germans tend to look after their own and buy German, you dont see many French, Swedish or Japanese cars on the road...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

1st Gear

Status
    Was 22 went got my first A3 on my second now.
    Si

2009-Current | Porsche Boxster 2.7

2007-2009 | Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line

2005-2007 | Audi A3 1.6FSI Sport

4th Gear

Status
    21 when i bought my car, still got it now and 23 next month

jamiekip
    24 when I got my last S3
    28 on the latest S3

S3 (8P)

Status
    S3 8P
    First A3 and first AUDI.
    3 months ago.
    Aged 34.

Born to Fish

Status
    I was 45! Decided that getting shut of the mortgage and sorting the kids out with cars and jobs was a much higher priority than buying an Audi so made do with VX Astras until all that was done. I then stepped into an Audi showroom and bought a brand spanker.
    Now on my 3rd and luv em to bits
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast