my bluefin 140 tdi

tdimax1

Reaction score
well i have had my bluefin installed for over two weeks now and i thought i would write this review for those of u who are thinking of remapping ur car.
when i first installed it i did not really notice the diffrence much and to be honest was very disapointed but after having it two weeks i have notivced that there is a big diffrence, especially in 5th and 6th gear the car pulls much better. in the lower gears this is not to apparent as the car accelerates well enough the main thing u notice in low gears is that the traction control works a lot harder than it used to.
so overall im enjoying driving the car much more than i used to mush better response and acceleration when motorway driving.
fuel consumption is the same if u drive normally and goes down use ur extra ooomph. overall is it worth it mmmm defenatly yes much better car now. i have also noticed the at about 80 to 90 mph my car engine feels much smoother and quieter. hope this is of some use to u

hmmm

i noticed the improvement of the upsolute custom map striaght away from low speeds - eager to go all the time.

Fuel consumption is the same as before.

well i did not find much diffrence at first but i think it could have been that i thought the car was going to fly maybe expected to much from it

ive been looking at a bluefin remap and i was thinking of going for this one,but what's peoples opinoin on the upsolute remap,whats the price difference etc?

well im very happy with my blue fin it does make a diffrence and its not a very agrresive map so hopefully it wont wreck my car

Sounds like the Bluefin remap is the opposite to mine then!

The remap I've got is much more noticable in the lower gears - acceleration is really quite good in 1st, 2nd and 3rd (assuming it's bone dry and you're on grippy tarmac, otherwise it's wheelspin time!) - in 6th on the motorway however its not improved things massively.

MPG has remained the same, and I've tended to use the power more since having the remap done - so I expect MPG would actually had improved if the car was driven like for like.

My remap is only a cheap one too - 195quid. Certainly can't complain for the money!

not bad for the money the main problem with having so much power in the lower gears is tyre wear and cluch wear
how many miles u done with ur remap?

AudiLad said:
ive been looking at a bluefin remap and i was thinking of going for this one,but what's peoples opinoin on the upsolute remap,whats the price difference etc?

i've had 4 upsolute re-maps now. They are a well established Austrain company.

£250~£300 should get you a visit to home or work. I get good deals for repeat business. They even do the switcable type for an extra £100 i think. Never worried about that anyway. Depends how much you get paranoid at service time.

I asked specifically for a low torque map so the DSG can cope. It's approx
370NM and 175bhp. Power is instant and maintained through revs in all gears.

My 130PD 8L A3 has done 91K and 40K with upsolute full power re-map. It runs approx 180BHP and 410NM - Never missed a beat and always a pleasure to drive (quite a hand ful in wet tho)

Sprout

tdimax1 said:
not bad for the money the main problem with having so much power in the lower gears is tyre wear and cluch wear
how many miles u done with ur remap?

I've only done about 500 miles since the remap, and I agree tyre wear will certainly increase, and probably clutch wear too, however I tend to only accelerate hard once the clutch is fully engaged.

I'm happy to accept a higher rate of tyre wear for the extra performance however. Superchips reckon their remap to 185bhp results in 0-60 in 7 seconds in the Mk5 Golf 2.0 TDi, and maybe thats a little optimistic but performance cant be far off that with mine. Plus with my average MPG remaining at a shade under 50 it makes it a good car all round. If only the build quality was as good as an A4...

i do think that superchips are a bit optimistic just depends under what condition they produce these figure obiously the figure the produce must be the best figure they can find