Tomorrow is my last day as an Audi owner

Amchlolor

Reaction score
My car goes away tomorrow morning.
Still in the company for a month, on loan to a colleague (until his sportback 1.9tdi special edition arrives on 1/4/08).
But, as of 0900 tomorrow, I will no longer be an Audi driver.

I'll save some of you the bother....:icon_thumright:

WHOOPEE!:arco:

For those who are interested, I don't actually get my Alpina tomorrow.
Still 'issues' about getting it registered, but the BMW dealer is loaning me a car in the meantime.

Life won't be the same without you! Don't forget to put the clutch down when you change gear and remember to select first gear when you stop at a junction. When I drive my wife's manual Polo I always remember the clutch, but forget that it does not automatically select first.

Why is taking the dealer so long to register your new Aplina. When I purchased a new Honda scooter a couple of years ago it only took them about 10 mins over an internet link. Is it because it's an Alpina rather than a run of the mill BMW?

Ha ha ha, so long fare well to that motor eh Bowfer! Try not to laugh to hard when you hand the keys over to your colleague!

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the D3 - I think you've got yourself a great car in that one.

JK

o0mg as from tommorrow life wont be worth living for u lol

Allegedly, the D3 importer (Sytner) are in discussions with the SMMT and DVLA about the D3's VED banding, which is holding up the registration.
Bummer, but there you go.
The longer it takes, the nicer the weather might be when I collect it!
Always a bright side!
God knows what the loan car will be, I only specified 4 doors.
At least that rules out a mini traveller!:puke2:

To be fair, by having an Alpina model is the only way you won't look like a rep in a diesel 3 series. Seriously though, the D3 looks a nice car for the price. What are we talking...£26/27?

Well don't forget to posts some pics and give us an honest review :icon_thumright:

I take it that like other BMW drivers you will still hang about and post from time to time ?

Paul

PNH80 said:
To be fair, by having an Alpina model is the only way you won't look like a rep in a diesel 3 series. Seriously though, the D3 looks a nice car for the price. What are we talking...£26/27?

I hope I didnt look like a rep in my 335D Touring;

Still, sold it yesterday and coming back to Audi by the end of next month.

Looks like me and Bowfer are changing places, but officially he is not going to BMW, he's going to Alpina - You'll love it

Well I hope you'll still be around bowfer. I'm not here as much as I was but I think I'd miss your common sense / sheer ****** mindedness (delete where applicable) posts.

Get yourself one of those e.mail/WAP/Web/whatever malarky phones. You'll still be able to browse Audi-Sport while you're waiting for someone to let you out of a junction.

:)

Yeah stay around Bowfer, I'll miss you too as will a lot of us, you've contributed a lot over the last few years.

Always liked a no nonsense honest approach to life!

h5djr said:
Don't forget to put the clutch down when you change gear and remember to select first gear when you stop at a junction.

Top!!

Also, Bowfer, when the car suddenly stops accelerating, you need to change up a gear, may catch you out once or twice :)

Oli.H said:
I hope I didnt look like a rep in my 335D Touring;

[URL="http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h8/olih/P7120034.jpg"][/URL]

Still, sold it yesterday and coming back to Audi by the end of next month.

Looks like me and Bowfer are changing places, but officially he is not going to BMW, he's going to Alpina - You'll love it

I'm kidding obviously.... For a moment i considered a 320i M Sport before going for the A3 2.0T Q S-line.

bacardi said:
Top!!

Also, Bowfer, when the car suddenly stops accelerating, you need to change up a gear, may catch you out once or twice :)

LOL...when Claire I I were house hunting we used to use her Mr2 if the weather was nice, top down and all that, OMG how many times did I forget to dip the clutch pulling up outside peoples houses :)

marriedblonde said:
So what time are BM dropping off the loan Bowfer? I'm betting on a one series as the loaner. 120D ;)

So am I, actually, and probably in a ****** awful colour!:faint:
Around lunchtime, allegedly.
Should only be for a matter of days though, a week tops.
I could upset the D3 registration applecart by forwarding them the retention cert for my private plate (which I received today), but one thing a time!
Let them register it first, then change it to my own plate at their leisure!

marriedblonde said:
Do they offer the D3 in red?

I suppose so.
I think it's available in any 320 colour, but I stand to be corrected.
Only seen them in black, silver and a garish blue, myself.

cdb2 said:
Yeah stay around Bowfer, I'll miss you too as will a lot of us, you've contributed a lot over the last few years.

Always liked a no nonsense honest approach to life!

I don't think we have seen the last of Mr Bowfer!

:icon_thumright:

p

Don't worry though, no pseudonyms or hidden identities for me.
Dare say I'll pop my head in from time to time.

Seriously though.
Cheers to all for an entertaining three years.
We may not have agreed on everything, but there's no denying the wealth of knowledge and experience here.
Special mention to David and MB.:respekt:

Now, as Ken Dodd once said.

Tatty Bye, everybody, tatty bye! :salute:

bowfer said:
I suppose so.
I think it's available in any 320 colour, but I stand to be corrected.
Only seen them in black, silver and a garish blue, myself.

In the UK you can only get them in Black, Silver, Graphite Grey or Blue - other colours from the 3 series range are available but you have to stump up £2k as a special order.

I was very tempted to go the D3 route but the ended up ordering a 320d msport which arrives at the end of March.

garypaul said:
I was very tempted to go the D3 route but the ended up ordering a 320d msport which arrives at the end of March.

Look at me, back already!
Did you get one of the new special edition M-sports?
With full leather and satnav for £1000 more?

Stick around Bowfer life would be dull without you.

Post some pics and a lengthy review when it finally arrives.

The D3 looks the buisiness out on the road, the rear tyres are so wide and it has a great front/rear profile with the little extras. Plenty of poke to surprise the less knowing folks who think it may just be another 318i.

I'm a fan, initially i didn't like the cloth interior but this has since grown on me, if I'm in the market for a 4 door something to consider.

Can you get Xenons on a D3 ?

bowfer said:
Look at me, back already!
Did you get one of the new special edition M-sports?
With full leather and satnav for £1000 more?

Sadly not :keule:

But then again I wanted Le Mans Blue and you cannot get this colour as part of the 'editions' package. Gone for LM Blue with Lemon Leather and the 18" alloys.

Got a grey X3 2.0D as my loan car.
The wife will love it, that's what she wanted me to get in the first place.
They took me out to see my D3, all covered in dust and bird crap.
Naturally, they were at pains to point out I won't be collecting it in that state!
Some lovely looking motors up there, on '08 plates.
635D caught my eye.

Spin140 said:
I'm a fan, initially i didn't like the cloth interior but this has since grown on me, if I'm in the market for a 4 door something to consider.

Can you get Xenons on a D3 ?

It's part leather, same as my S-line.
I can take or leave full leather.
If it's there, I'll take it, but I won't pay extra for it.
I assume you could get xenons for a D3, but it would be a special order, which carries a £2k surcharge on top of the price of the additions!
Really, if you want a D3, you have two options.

1/ Take a new one 'as is'
2/ Track down a used one with the extras you want.

I don't mind the standard spec, it's more than sufficient for me.

garypaul said:
In the UK you can only get them in Black, Silver, Graphite Grey or Blue - other colours from the 3 series range are available but you have to stump up £2k as a special order.

Hmmm so it is possible I spotted a red D3 the other day then? Although a £2K premium for Red seems a little steep...

Alpina is nice, sure stands out of the normal 3-series BMW...

I never considered a 3 series for several reasons but one of them was ubiquity.... (The A3 is less common...lolol) For just too mane 320D out there.... lolol

Nice one Bowfer - as others have said, I hope you'll continue to post here from time-to-time. As we've seen in recent threads, I think we need more people like yourself who can balance opinion!

Im sorry to say it, but can any one tell me if this car looks nice from any angle?

P7120034.jpg

Well I must agreed those wheels don't do the car any favour... my humble opinion off course...

Pedro

Before you go, can I have first dibs on the Audi emergency triangle?