Removing S-Line rear bumper - how?

maars

Full speed ahead
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good links/tips/instructions on how to remove the rear bumper on the A3 8P?

For a potential mod....

Enough of the speculation purleeease :sly:

Any help on how to remove the bumper would be much appreciated :)

I had to get my rear bumper repaired after someone drove into the back of me a couple of years ago.

from what I remember, you have to remove the rear wheels, remove the arch liners, remove some torx screws. I think you also need to remove some bits from the inside of the boot, along with the rear light clusters.

see this, this and this. The second two are for a GTI, but they should be fairly similar.

Dave R (H5DJR) may be able to provide you with the pages from the workshop manual if you ask nicely.

Just did it 2 months ago. You need to remove three torx from inside the wheel arc. No need to remove rear wheels or inner arches. Remove the rear lights. Two torx from underneath the bumper/lower lip around the center of the car. Two rather tricky and long bolts (you need a long/extended pipe) from within the boot on each side, near the rear lights. Two plastic blinds hide those. That's it! Good luck.